Netatmo in HA 0.105

hi all,
upgraded to 106. changed configuration.yaml to

netatmo:
  client_id: blabla
  client_secret: blabla

did several restarts (without netatmo config, with new config, …) but never found an entry in “EInstellungen - Integrations” fo further configuration.

the netatmo Docu says " After the client_id and client_secret is added to your configuration.yaml you must enable Netatmo through the integrations page."

Is the integrations page “Einstellungen-Integrations” ?

Thanks for you help.

Edit: Found it by myself: User needs to activly add netatmo under “Settings-Integrations” by click on the + Button and search for netatmo

1 Like

Hi. Does anyone have the same issue mentioned here ?

https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/5031

Just moved from 0.104 to 0.106 and use the new netatmo auth via integrations page. Sensors are working OK. But cameras (Presence & Welcome) show no picture (but exist as entities).
Same error : “[homeassistant.components.netatmo.camera] Welcome/Presence VPN URL is None”

Did you adjust the config, remove everything but netatmo:, restart HA and added the integration from the configuration menu?

Yes indeed. I tried again today : removed netatmo integration, removed netatmo: (and id & secret)
Then i rebooted. Then i added netatmo: (and id & secret). Then reboot. Then netatmo integration.
Same result : “Welcome/Presence VPN URL is None”

This is just an error message, could you please describe what the actual issue is?

Sorry i didn’t mentioned that. It’s the same as described by dietlman in the github issue : no picture of preview in the livestream (grey picture as below). The livestream does’nt work either.

Screenshot from 2020-03-09 20-23-23

To all who are missing webhooks since 0.105… the new beta has them. Happy testing.

4 Likes

Thanks for your work on this @cgtobi

1 Like

Hi @cgtobi I still can’t get netatmo webhooks working in the latest beta, I’m not seeing any netatmo_human events being registered and am still seeing the ‘Received message for unregistered webhook’ error in the logs

In addition, the service ‘netatmo.set_light’ has disappeared

The event is called netatmo_event. Sorry, I still am working on the documentation.

See here for an example.

Thanks, that makes sense. Doesn’t the “unregistered webhook” error that correlates to movement on the camera suggest that the webhook isn’t registered correctly though?

2020-03-14 14:52:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Received message for unregistered webhook a2361a3ee5aebe33fdff4a16546ae65a35f46e52ba62d57465a9474fa515096f

Also have we lost the ability to control the floodlight on the Presence cameras as the following services have disappeared: netatmo.set_light_off, netatmo.set_light_on and netatmo.set_light_auto

Thanks

Are you a Nabu Casa user? If so, check the webhook in the settings panel. If not, please set logging for the netatmo integration to INFO to see when the webhook is registered. Also double check the dev portal from Netatmo in case the webhook got banned.

Yes, the services were removed since they went against the HA rules. It will come back soon. PR is already in the works: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/32374

1 Like

Thanks @cgtobi I’ve just had another crack at it and the webhook has registered fine and am seeing netatmo_event events being registered which I can use to rebuild my automations. Not sure what the issue was yesterday but at least it’s working now.

Also thanks for your work on the lights, it’s much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Just for completeness sake, are you a Nabu Casa user?

No, I don’t use Nabu Casa, just a local install with remote access…Hass.io docker container running on a Ubuntu VM

Ok. Great. Thanks.

i cant get this to work image

camera.disable_motion_detection

Because it is not implemented.

Actually, it is not implemented yet. Progress can be tracked here. So please be patient a little while, this wont happen before 0.108.

Thanks for info, I’ll wait… :slight_smile:

@cgtobi I’m having an issue after upgrading from 0.104 to 0.107.1. I used to have everything up and running via the old Netatmo integration with an app created in Netatmo Dev environment.

Setup

• 3x Netatmo Presence cameras
  • Nabu Casa
  • Removed every reference to ‘netatmo’ from configuration.yaml

What does work
After going through “Integrations”, authentication at Netatmo is successful (when I log into my account I also see it registered under 3rd party apps) and the cameras are visible as entities in Home Assistant with all kind of attributes.

What does not work

• No image, none.
  • No webhook events. Though the logs show “Received message for unregistered webhook xyzxyz”
  • Entity attributes contain “entity_picture: /api/camera_proxy/camera.netatmo_voortuin?token=xyz”, calling this URL in the browser gives ‘500: Internal Server Error’
  • Logs show multiple times “Welcome/Presence VPN URL is None”

I tried numerous combinations, restarts, deactivated the old My app in Netatmo Dev. Nothing.

Help?

1 Like