Netatmo Welcome Camera

I’ve done a quick fix (did not have time to to test it yet) but you can cherry-pick it here https://github.com/jabesq/home-assistant/commit/dda2e203a1415204caa4fc8534f3423879cc3b38

This should limit the API call to one every 10 seconds.

@jabesq,
I’ve just created a PR against your netatmo-api-python with support for the Presence camera.
Can you test if your Welcome camera still works, I have custom components for HA in my github.

Thanks
Giel

Hello, Did you have the change to look at this device tracker option you mentioned last year October?
Since I have a Welcome, would love to know whether this is possible to use?

1 Like

Hello,

Looking to get the Netatmo Presence but I am not sure if it supports live view in Home Assistant, if it doesn’t then i’ll need to get another camera - Would anyone be able to confirm if its possible to see a constant live feed ?

Are you still working on this? The webhook-url can also be placed in the configuration. So all that’s required is a mechanism to resolve all the known persons and creating device trackers for them. Finally look at how the telegram webhook implementation is on how to listen wo webhook events. The other components wouldn’t really be influenced by that as far as I can tell. Webhooks are only available for the presence and welcom cameras.

I actually started implementing this with the official netatmo python module until I realized that the one used in HA is different from the one available via pip (which is a fork of the official one, but pretty different). Hence that would have broken everything that’s currently working. And because of the same name they can’t be used in parallel. :frowning:
As a temporary solution for myself I now use ioBroker, which has support for the webhooks. But that’s a really ugly workaround.

1 Like

For the users following this thread:
I have created an issue at the library repository with a quick and dirty modification of this netatmo component that is able to receive data pushed via webhooks. It doesn’t do anything useful in this state (the data only ends up on the event bus), but maybe it’s a starting point for people who want to contribute and get the webhooks working. :wink:

Here’s the issue at the repo: https://github.com/jabesq/netatmo-api-python/issues/35

danielperna84 - do you have any step-by-step instructions for getting webhooks working? I can’t get any of my automation event triggers working in HASS.io and I get no output in the logs by adding homeassistant.components.netatmo: debug either.

Any assistance that you might provide is greatly appreciated.

There’s not much beyond the documentation I could say about that. First you need to get the camera working on its own so you can view the stream in the UI.
An automation that works for me looks like this:

- alias: "Daniel seen"
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: netatmo_person
    event_data:
      name: Daniel

Yeah, I have the camera working on its own and can view the UI stream. I do have node-red setup to trigger based on known/unknown events of each sensor. However, there appears to be a delay and I was hoping that webhooks would respond quicker. I’ll play around with it more, but thanks for responding.

A basic requirement you’ll have to meet: your instance needs to be accessible from the internet. Otherwise the Netatmo-Servers don’t have any chance to push the messages. So that might be a direction where you should investigate.