Network settings failed - Can I login to adjust these from the server? Last ditch hope

Last ditch hope: Is there any way to adjust NIC settings directly from the HA OS command line?

************ Background Context**************************
I’m a long time home automation guy frustrated with the state of Insteon right now, so I’m trying HA for the first time. Wow, I was missing out. I installed HA OS directly on a x86 dedicated box so that I’d have full HA capabilities.

While transferring over from an ISY994i/ZW, I was in the middle of troubleshooting a problem with my automations to fire correctly when I started to encounter what appeared to be a growing local router table corruption and in a sleep deprived stupor, I wound up accidentally commanding a restart while both IPv4 and IPv6 paths on server were disabled. I’m glad you’re laughing. How could I be this stupid. I made two back-ups along the way, but hadn’t quite fixed an inability to port them to my external NAS server so they’re trapped as well.

So my HA box is running fine but I can’t get to it now that I have “network bricked” my headless instance box. Before I blow away my whole new setup with a reformat and start from scratch, is there a way to login directly on the server and adjust NIC card settings?

I tried “root” and “Login” from the command line, but it didn’t work and I know very little about Linux.

Is there any hope?

Check out the commands in this topic:

Just substitute your wired NIC for the wifi one. This can all be done from the login prompt you obtained instead of through the terminal addon.