New Add-On: Cloudflared

I did setup and I am able to access my server using mobile data, but from home wifi, i get “reconnecting”. I dont know what i missed but i cant seem to connect to it from home wifi unless i use the local ipaddress directly. any help with this?

The setup of the cloudflared addon was flawless. Very well made. i had a public FQDN setup for my HA instance in no time. Even iOS Home works.

I have no luck with Alexa. SHe cant access entties (Alexa, turn living room on). Not working at all. Can someone give me a hint howw to trace this down?

You can generate an Origin Server Certificate and use those certificates in your configuration.

Once you restart, you would need to use https://homeassistant:8123 or your IP. to access Home Assistant Locally.

Now when you try to access you instance from the web. It should fail, saying unable to reach Origin. To fix this, you will need to change the Tunnel

This would initially be http://. Change this to https:// and then it should work.

This should ensure that data is encrypted between your RPi and Cloudflare.

Edit: Also change the SSL Encryption Mode to Full (Strict)

EDIT: Ignore this. It had been so long, that I had forgotten I had configured my tunnel remotely in Cloudflare, not localy through the addon. I was able to add the new host remotely as well.

original post:

I’ve been using the addon with a simple config (external hostname only) for about a year with no problems. This thing is great! I am now trying to add additional hosts. I added the additional_hosts section to my Cloudflared config (hostname, service), but it seems to have no effect whatsoever. There are no new DNS records created in the cloudflare console, and even with debug logging on the addon, I see no trace of the additional host tunnels being created. It’s like the additional_hosts section was being completely ignored by the addon. Has anyone managed to get this working recently? I want to make sure I’m not the problem before submitting a bug report…

Very strange, i have created two docker conatiner servers with cloudflare paid domains, one with just web server other one with homeassistant, server with webserver works smooth, but homeassistant server have 75% time have error “ERR Request failed error=“Incoming request ended abruptly: context canceled” connIndex=3”

Can some1 help me and others with this damn error?

Hello everyone.

I have a situation that I’m not sure whether to call a bug. Everything works correctly in my remote connection, however, when I close my browser or the tab where I have logged in remotely, and then try to log in again after a few minutes, I’m asked for all my credentials again, even though I had selected the option to keep the session open. Did I miss any extra configuration to prevent this?

What browser are you using?
Do you delete cookies after closing tab?

Arc browser on windows. I didn’t delete cookies. I’ll check it in setup maybe this browser do it by default

Edit: I’m noticing with another browser that if I close tabs or the browser and then re-enter using autocomplete, I can do so without any issues. However, if I type in the complete address, that’s when HA asks for credentials again. Additionally, when I use autocomplete, the browser says the connection is not secure, but this doesn’t happen when I manually type in the address. Is it normal?

Autocomplete address:
imagen

Typed:
imagen

That isn’t normal. are you sure the addresses are the same? (with https)

Yes, both are https

HI All. I am trying to setup sending data from this tunnel to prometheus as per this link
Monitor Cloudflare Tunnel with Grafana · Cloudflare Zero Trust docs
So I can monitor it via grafana, I checked the add on and it says metrics are included, but I can’t seem to get it working. I can see it says it starts the metrics service

Starting metrics server on [::]:36500/metrics

However the port doesn’t work, and I can’t get to the address. Is there something I need to do to get it working.

Thanks for a great add-on

I suspect this add on will not work with Zero Trust. I believe that Zero Trust rules operate before WAF rules. I could be wrong. I was trying to allow SmartThings webhook, but despite WAF rules, Zero Trust stops access.

I’ve removed all WAF rules and still it does not allow access. I presume it’s Zero Trust.

Hello, I am in desperate need of some help. My knowledge of the Internet/DNS is very limited, I’m an embedded engineer, this stuff is ‘magic’. I am trying to follow Cloudflared tutorials to access my HA externally but I’m running into this roadblock when attempting to add my website to Cloudflared. Any ideas? The website is created and Clourflare owns the DNS (if there’s further configuration in these steps, there’s a good chance I might’ve missed it).

Here is the error that I keep getting when clicking ‘Save’ from Cloudflared configuration tab.

Good morning,
It’s my turn to ask you. I followed a tutorial, but the configuration failed at this point; would you know why?

Leave cloudflared running to download the cert automatically.
2024-07-20T14:27:34Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:28:26Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:29:19Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:30:12Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:31:04Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:31:57Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:32:50Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:33:43Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:34:35Z INF Waiting for login…
2024-07-20T14:35:28Z INF Waiting for login…
Failed to write the certificate due to the following error:
Failed to fetch resource

Your browser will download the certificate instead. You will have to manually
copy it to the following path:

/root/.cloudflared/cert.pem
Failed to fetch resource
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service init-cloudflared-config: command exited 1
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: fatal: stopping the container.

Thank you very much for your help !

Hi Good morning, I’m new and discovered HA about 2 weeks ago.

It’s really a new world for me and I struggle to understand also because of the language (I use automatic translator)

I want to connect to the HA remotely.
I followed this step by step guide:

but it gives me this error:

Invalid list for ‘additional_hosts’ option in Cloudflared (9074a9fa_cloudflared).

My intention, however, is the following:
I have my own static IP remote Ubuntu server with a personal domain

I would like to connect
ha.mydomain.xxx to my computer home HA

Could anyone point me to a good guide?
I’ve been looking for it for 2 weeks but can’t find it.

Then I have a question:
How do I tell the server to connect
has.mydomain.xxx
to HA’s local computer via the VPN tunnel I created?
I can’t find this part anywhere, or at least I don’t know how to ask the right question.

Thanks for your help.

Clarification:
I have already created a VPN tunnel that I tested with UBUNTU and Windows and it works.

Hello all,

I’ve got the cloudflare tunnel working great when connecting externally but facing some connection issues with the companion app when on my internal home network.

Looks like occasionally the companion app can’t validate if on my home WiFi so tries the external URL which doesn’t seem to work on my internal home network.

Feels like a NAT hairpin issue but I’m unsure what info I need to configure on my home router to allow access via cloudflare tunnel on my home network

I don’t know how others have set it, but for mobile application I use external url at home, I leave internal url empty. The behaviour of Home assistant is the same, including push notifications or fire event actions.

I got a domain and got this working. It works very well. I am running HA Spawnpoint and would like to expose the HASO Minecraft server as a sub domain (eg: Minecraft.domain.com). I can access the Minecraft server just fine with the IP address and port opened, but I’d like to avoid opening ports and have an address that is easier to remember than an IP address. is there a way to set this up? HA Spawnpoint post