New automation entities cannot be made visible in frontend

I’ve got a default view, and some additional views; there are groups etcetera. Suddenly, adding a newly written automation to a group of automations no longer worked.

The automation is there; it is functioning; I can see it from the dev-state view. I copy the exact same entity_id to groups.yaml, in the same way I’ve done before — but I can’t get it to show.

Now, once this had started to happen, I could no longer add any new automations to be visible in the frontend!

In automations.yaml, I copy-pasted some functional automations (changed into unique id’s etc.), tried adding to groups / views, but no new automations would show up. (If I do the same in, say, scripts.yaml & groups.yaml it works!)

Yes; config checks out.

What is even more peculiar: If I remove groups.yaml, default frontend shows everything as it should (including new automations, copies of old automations for aforementioned testing purposes and so on).

Customizing group.all_automations (hidden: false) to get it to show also works.

I have tried making as minimal examples as possible of groups.yaml and automations.yaml; have not been able to make it work.

In the logs, I have seen some instances of complaints about group.all_automations not existing. (Though, after some tests and restarts, these lines have not been visible and it still has not worked.)

I also see a lot (like +20 instances in a second; though not every second) of
2018-02-08 21:49:45 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201801300] http://IP-ADDRESS:8123/frontend_latest/core-41bb07102212e1ea8b6668370a877b92.js:1:6882 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined' in the logs.

If I reload groups, the customized-to-be-visble groups.all_automations disappeared. I have to restart home assistant to get it to show again. :roll_eyes:

I have the exact same problem. The error “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘attributes’ of undefined” started appearing when i upgraded to 0.63.x. The “automation group” started disappearing when i reload my groups somewhere during 0.61.x-0.62.x (yes, I also have the option “hidden: false” to my customization.yaml).

Same here (sorry for no more explanation) but group.all_lights has started failing too.

@flinthamm @jonsolberg On the one hand I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problems; one the other I’m glad to hear it wasn’t just me. I was in doubt, as I’m new to HA, whether it’s just a problem with config or some such, or a bug. Starting to believe the latter is the case. Didn’t find any bug reports relating to it earlier, but will file one later if there still isn’t any to be found.

Me too, so I’m watching this thread.
There’s a GitHub issue for the groups.all_* disappearing when you reload groups, but I haven’t seen much more on the other issues.
I have heaps of Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined errors. I wish they told you which entity they were expecting.

I’m getting the same errors but my frontend hides most items on the home page. I also wrote all my automations in AppDaemon so they never show up in the UI anyways. Nothing appears to happen with these errors for me. I haven’t noticed anything odd, just the error… Theres another thread with a similar issue.