New install of HAOS on Intel NUC, no etc/systemd/ folder?

I am in the process of setting up a new Home Assistant server.
My current setup is Home Assistant Supervised on a X86 system, but I decided to go for a Home Assistant OS installation on a new Intel NUC.
Installation went smooth up to now, and the new HAOS server is running fine.

But I am now trying to configure HAOS to use my own local NTP server.
This was not a problem with my existing HA Supervised installation: I could edit timesyncd.conf in the etc/systemd/ folder via SSH, following the Configuration → Local → NTP method.
But the strange issue is now that the etc/systemd/ folder appears to be non existing on my new HAOS server:

➜  /etc ls -al
total 336
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          4096 Aug 25 15:14 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          4096 Aug 25 15:14 ..
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root          4096 Aug  8 19:44 NetworkManager
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             7 Aug  7 15:09 alpine-release
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Aug  8 19:44 alsa
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          9804 Mar 16 17:44 sudo_logsrvd.conf
-r--r-----    1 root     root          3319 Mar 16 17:44 sudoers
drw-r-----    1 root     root          4096 Aug 14 15:51 sudoers.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            53 May  9 16:21 sysctl.conf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug  7 15:09 sysctl.d
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root          4096 Aug  8 09:37 terminfo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          5636 Jul 27 19:12 udhcpd.conf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug  8 19:44 vim
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4945 May 11 08:11 wgetrc
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Aug  8 19:44 xdg
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Aug  8 19:44 zsh
➜  /etc

Can someone please explain what is causing this issue, and how I can solve it?
Is the HAOS Configuration Documentation incorrect?

You are likely in a container…
Try accessing HAOS directly via the console. Or if you have it setup, using ssh -p22222.

Thanks for your answer, and you probably are correct.
With my HA Supervised system I indeed connected via SSH to the host OS (Debian) and could access the etc/systemd/ folder to edit the timesyncd.conf file.
With my new HAOS system I installed the Advanced SSH & Web Terminal Add-on, and then connected via SSH to the system, using the configured authentication and default port 22.
But apparently like this I am not connecting to the HAOS host OS, but to one of the docker containers? If so, which one?
And when I access via the Terminal prompt from the Add-on in the sidebar I get the exact same file location (so again no etc/systemd/ folder).

In the mean time I solved the problem by following the other method shown on the same Configuration page, to use an USB stick. This worked fine, so HAOS is now syncing time with my local NTP-server.

However, I would still like to understand how this is set-up in HAOS, and how I could access the etc/systemd/ folder via SSH. Is it not possible to access the HAOS host OS via SSH?
If this is not possible, then I think the HAOS Configuration documentation is incorrect.

With accessing HAOS directly via the console, do you mean with a display and keyboard directly connected to the NUC?
I do have a display directly connected, but on there I see the Home Assistant CLI with the ha prompt.
As I understand it, this isn’t a normal linux prompt but a specific sub-set of controls to manage HA.
Anyway, the etc/systemd/ folder is not accessible from there as well I think.

Is this the “HassOS SSH port 22222 Configurator” Add-on?
No, I did not install this. I prefer not to install unofficial add-ons, and this should not be necessary to use HAOS as described in the official documentation.

You don’t need the addon to configure p22222, it just makes it easier

Do you mean to just set the SSH port as 22222 in the Advanced SSH & Web Terminal Add-on Configuration?
I understand that I don’t need this add-on to just set the port, but this does not make any difference to where the SSH connection connects, does it?

No

At the ha-cli , type login , hit enter and you r “home”

1 Like

Yes!
Thank you, that does it :slightly_smiling_face:
Like that I can enter the HAOS host OS and access the etc/systemd/ folder.