New Insteon Installation Issue

I am not able to communicate with my Insteon PLM for a brand new installation. Let me say that I am new to HA. I believe that it found the PLM correctly because the address is shown. However, I cannot read the DB nor successfully add devices. I also see this on the PLM, but not sure if this is an issue…

Device info

2413S (0x03, 0x11)
by SmartLabs, Inc

Firmware: 9e Engine Version: unknown

How can I diagnose or get a the proper error log to see what the problem is?

On this topic, I am a bit confused on the integration. I come from HomeSeer and also wrote one of the plugins for the Insteon thermostat back about 12 years ago. My recollection of doing this was that I would write the the correct address and responder/controller to the DB on the PLM and the DB on the device. Had nothing to do with having to put the device physically into linking mode. Does this work the same way? I don’t need to touch the devices to get my stuff programmed, do I?

I would suggest posting your question on the main area where Insteon folks including the author @teharris1 watch:

Are you thinking that I should just put it in that category or that I should put it actually in that thread? I assumed you mean the category.

@kbrown01 thanks for tagging me on this.

You can put the integration into debug mode by going to devices and services clicking on insteon and click the debug link there.

It turns out that I am able to communicate with my PLM. I am still not able to communicate with the test switch that I installed. However, I am able to communicate with a couple of plug-in modules that I tried. One of those in the same room as the switch. FYI, I had also plugged in a couple of APs so as to link the two phases – just to make sure.

To update you, I have been able to communicate with all switches now. Even though I had access points installed to bridge the phases, it might just need a few more switches to make the network work better.