New Integration: Grünbeck softliQ

I just started this week going deeper into the topic to get the data for my softIQ into homeassistant.

I was able to get the data from the Cloud including Websocket data, and started now to implement a integration.

I think I will have a first working version until end of next week, as soon as it’s kind of stable I will upload it to GitHub and provide it as an HACS Custom Integration.

Does someone know which information is relevant to be provided via the integration? As far as I have seen, there is a lot of information given back from the API.

In the first implementation, I’m focusing on the data as described here: https://www.plauder-blog.de/gruenbeck-daten-in-home-assistant-unraid-server/

8 Likes

That’s great news. I will directly test it when available! :+1:

1 Like

Here is a small update about current status. There are still some bugs and some missing information, but the Websocket information is being pushed successfully into HA.

6 Likes

You are great! Let me know if you need help for testing. Thanks for all your work so far.

Very nice, I will test it too.

Where can I install it? Or did I miss it?
I am also willing to contribute, if necessary. Looking forward having a proper integration for it.

Cool.
I’m also happy to help testing. I have a SD18.

I have and SD21 would also be down for testing if needed.

Here is also a SD21 for testing :slight_smile:

I have a SD32 and would also like to test the integration. :wink:

Same here → SD18 would also like to test / help testing :slight_smile:

Told Grünbeck some time ago that I’m really not happy about the fact that it has an RJ45 which ONLY is being used to connect to the internet. Having a local web interface is crucial and I would never have bought a SD21 if I had known that all functionality is only to be accessed via internet (only other manufacturer represented in my house behaving in such a bad way is Miele).

Would be happy also to have a slim Grünbeck integration in HA.

2 Likes

There are also rumors around that Grünbeck implements an MQTT-client, so that you can configure where to send all the data.
The last info I got from Grünbeck-Service in June 2023 was:
“Aufgrund der aktuellen Marktsituation und den damit verbundenen Ressourcen sehen wir uns leider gezwungen, das Vorhaben auf unbestimmte Zeit zu verschieben. Ob und wann wir weitere Entwicklungsaktivitäten hinsichtlich einer offenen Schnittstelle fokussieren, können wir zum aktuellen Stand leider nicht sagen.”

Google Translate:
Due to the current market situation and the associated resources, we are unfortunately forced to postpone the project indefinitely. Unfortunately, we cannot say at the current status whether and when we will focus further development activities on an open interface.

So the cloud-solution seems to be the only possibility indefinitely. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here. I’m not sure, but the info with “MQTT-implementation is planned/already in test” was 2020 or 2021. Last time I got the same message as you posted :frowning:

I know, it was my fault… SC had the local api and I thought, the SD would have it also. Had the choice between Judo and Grünbeck → lessons learned…

I will write them again regarding the MQTT implementation. Maybe the more are giving that feedback the higher the chance is, that they will implement it soon?

1 Like

Sure, I think you’re right. I’ll do the same…

Ask also about REST or alternative APIs

Here is the first working version:

Feel free to test it, but it can still contain bugs.

Currently it’s only providing sensor entities, I’m working to add more entities and services for changing options, like the current operating mode.

If you add the soft_water_quantity to the energy dashboard, it could display an error saying, that it’s not providing statistics, this will be gone as soon as the entity has collected some data.

The icon for the integration is also missing, I will create a pull request at Home Assistant Brands repository for that in the next days.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for your integration :+1: the setup was smooth and easy.

Installation went smooth for SD18 and I receive data, which are the same like the data from iobroker :slight_smile:
Checking now for some time and report back

Thanks so much