New Integration: Paradox EVO alarm

Its fine, thanks for the reply!
I have the latest version, and I just checked again and only “Arm Home” is working correctly on HASS ui, I can arm the area and it changes states fine. But if I arm the area with the Paradox app or it arms itself at a specified time, I cannot see any MQTT messages regarding arm state.

I’m getting this error when starting app.js with forever:

cat err.log
/home/xxx/temp/ParadoxHassMQTT/lib/paradox.js:1
(function (exports, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { let newLine = String.fromCharCode(“13”);
^^^

SyntaxError: Block-scoped declarations (let, const, function, class) not yet supported outside strict mode

Any specific version of Node.Js that needs to be installed?

@judge - Can you open the log right after arming via the paradox app or the timed arm and report any lines like: “Unknown message from panel: ???”. Might just need to react to a different message for these types of events.

I just checked it:

• when I press ARM HOME in HomeAssistant, I get the following message:

Received alarm state change from HA: ARM
Arm OK for Area: 1

(but it armed all areas)

• when I press DISARM

Received alarm state change from HA: DISARM
Disarm OK for Area: 1

If I try to arm it through the iParadox app, I don’t have anything in the logs. :frowning: It is possible that the system does not send anything to the PRT3 about arm/disarm states?

Hi DaveOke!
I’m very involved in the plug in.

I have a paradox evo 192 and a raspaberry 2 .:

I installed the hass.io image, home assistant works.

I need help I can not install your plug-in from the ssh command line. you can give me a link to upload it via addons e repository by url?
Thanks

ok now I’m installing with the raspian desktop, in which directory should I put the plugin and then install it ?? Thank you

@Cario - You can place the code anywhere. Just follow the instructions on my GitHub readme and you should be good to go.

Hi DaveOke,

Thanks for your excellent contribution. I got everything working except:

• Disarm/arm through HA panel

Dec 04 19:04:05 app.js[5158]: Received alarm state change from HA: ARM
Dec 04 19:04:06 app.js[5158]: Received command: AA001&fail

• Status update in HA panel - Always shows disarmed regardless of paradox panel state

Dec 04 19:13:17 app.js[5158]: Received event: G001N009A001

Not sure what event to look for in the log. But this is the only one I can find related to the HOME_ARM/ARM event.

HA config
alarm_control_panel:

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: “paradox_evo/alarm/area/1”
    command_topic: “paradox_evo/alarm/area/1/set”
    name: “Paradox EVO”
    payload_disarm: “DISARM”
    payload_arm_home: “ARM”

Any Idea?

Hello, This plugin seems very promising! I’m eager to get my EVO192 with the PRT3 module working :smiley:

I’m having problems installing it. I just did a fresh install of the HASS.io image on my Raspberry pi 3.

When I try to execute the installed command mentioned in the readme, I get the error “-bash: npm: command not found”.

Is there a way to overcome that issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Ezrian,

You need to install node.js (which includes npm). I’ve updated the readme with this requirement.

@tellerbop Thanks for the fix!

@tellerbop - did you get the panel to arm/disarm through hass? AA001&fail might indicate a bad user code was passed for that the area.

You could also put a console.log in the sendCommand and see the command being sent to the panel and verify it’s good.

Got it working, wrong code :slight_smile:

Hi, will this work with Hass.io or only hassbian? I have an evo192 with prt3 and HASS.io. Thanks.

Hi 8tpg,

My setup is hass.io/homeassistant on rasbian using docker. This lets me have hass.io + all the flexibility of running a full os on the backend.

This code can live anywhere on your LAN if you’re running straight hass.io. You’ll just need to install Mosquito on your hass.io instance and tell my code where the MQTT instance is.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much for the reply. I have mosquito and configurator installed as I’m using it with some sonoffs with tasmota so I think I’ll be ok figuring that side out, well hopefully . It was the node.js that has me a bit confused with straight hass.io. Thanks again for your time in helping.

Hi everyone, I have a paradox evo 192 with prt3, rspi with hassio, can someone help me to install the plughin with team viewer? thank you so much

1 Like

Hi Dave,

I’m a bit confused: how does HA get the sensors? The messages are published to the homeassistant/binary_sensor/ topic, but there is no mention of it in your example configuration.yaml:

homeassistant/binary_sensor/studio_window/config {"name":"Studio Window","device_class":"window","state_topic":"homeassistant/binary_sensor/fin_ufficio/state"}

Is it a default topic of some sort?

Btw, I can’t see the sensors in HA.

Did anybody noticed that if you control the alarm from insite gold and you arm away or disarm the system it does not disarm or arm the system in HA? only stay arm is working.

1 Like

Guys i want to ask about the virtual zones , is there an option to added sensors from homeassistant to the virtual zone, if yes how ?