New Integration performance - 100s of entity updates every second

I have developed a custom integration that updates 100s of entities per second. I am looking at ways to reduce the negative performance effect on HA as it is lagging a lot.
I have excluded the domain from the logbook but I need the created entities to have a history.
What else can I do?
The knock on effect of recorder, history and logbook I think is quite significant.

I guess you have a special use case, but why?

Can you tell us a little more about the integration? What type of entities? Are they being polled or waiting on state changes (listening for events)? What hardware is being used?

In general the integration dynamically creates and updates entities based on binary data received from a Can Bus.
In ESPHome via an esp32 I update a general entity with lambda c++ code
id(canbus_frame).publish_state(combinedHex);
This is connected to a Can Bus that carries packets of binary data.
And then within a custom integration I catch the sensor_state_change for that entity updated from esphome (canbus_frame) and process it into individual entities via a class that inherits from the Entity class. This is used to create and update the entity.
I have polling off for these dynamically created entities.
I am using a Rpi 4 - 8GB.
That does help?
Overall it works very well. I am using async for the majority of the integration.

In general the integration dynamically creates and updates entities based on binary data received from a Can Bus.
Maybe I am pushing the limits of what HA can achieve on a Rpi 4

Are you writing to a SD card or SSD?

I have tried both SSD and SD card. Yes it is faster on a SSD but I am writing an integration for others to use so it needs to work with an SD card.

This may be an option:

Is that really necessary or isn’t it enough to update every x seconds instead.
Such amount of state writes I wonder if it makes sense for anyone.

Well that is how much data is coming in. I have configured some throttling so that it skips some of the data. It seems to help.

Thanks. I have tried most of these.
Switching off the logbook helped a little.