Hello all. I a new to HA, but not so much to IoT. I am making the transition from “amazon knows everything via Alexa” to living in the country with little to no internet and a desire to get more and more off grid. So - some questions:
- Is this the right forum to general questions so I can get my bearings on how to utilize HA?
- I’ve had my eye on the Sense product for several years, just never pulled the trigger as it is cloud based. What non-internet monitors are available that work with HA?
- Are there any HA plugins that allow for (simple) voice commands? (As a last resort, using google/amazon to trigger IFTTT routines that then trigger a monitor in HA so I can try to keep a separation!)
- I will be gaining in a full aquaponics system with the new house - any suggestions for HA integration on that front? It will be separate from the house so pushing network out there will be a priority. (I use a mesh network so can get another node and place it out there.)
- Central Florida so weather monitoring is NOT as important as it was back in Colorado. We do get some frosty nights during winter but rarely.
- We are on a well and septic - anything in HA to monitor those aspects?
- Eventually we will be adding a large workshop and solar - just not sure in which order yet or how quickly.