New type Bluetooth Temperature sensor Xiaomi Mijia

Hi, does anyone know if this can work to monitor a freezer temperature? what is the working range?

Check the listed temperature ranges as some BLE sensors do not go down below 32 or so degrees fahrenheit. The Govee H5072 failed in this for me. I put one of my Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC-ATC in freezer and it worked for a short test of several hours, however I did not keep it there to see how the battery life of the coin cell would be. This Govee H5074 lists temperatures below 32 F, I have one but have not tried it in freezer application. Be careful of ‘newer’ models, for example on Amazon when I went to look at the H5074 unit, they still sell it, but also offer a ‘newer’ model which I have not tried. I got burned by this with the H5072’s, they were a ‘newer’ model of the H5052’s I had good success with, however I found the H5072’s a real step backward.

1 Like

How did you install this? Can’t see on HACS

I have tried to get the encryption keys but they do not show up on my mobile (either on bluetooth or the scan in the web browser. Any clues on what I should do?

If it is added to MiHome app, you can use this tool to get the encryption key.

The FAQ of BLE monitor gives alternative ways to get the key.

1 Like

I have dockerized it and added a web UI.

1 Like

What sensor is used in these?
Is it possible to connect external sensor ?