NEW UK bus & train component: Beta testers required

Hi @sentur this isn’t implemented yet but I’m willing to do so. My idea is to add a service to allow setting the scan interval from automations. Will have a go when I get time.

In the meantime, if you need a faster update from 7-9am you could just set a higher SCAN_INTERVAL in your sensor config. You get 1000 API calls per day, so if you doubled your scan interval you would just use up your daily allowance at midday.

Thanks. Having granular control of when the sensor refreshes would be perfect. +1 from me.

Hello.

Since there is now a way to use lovelace with your cracking component I am putting this back in place. I have 3 bus routes all going from different places but all to the same destination. So the sensors are names xxxx_middlesbrough_1 _2 _3 which is fine, but I group 2 of them in the same stack as they are from the same location but different stops.

However the names of the stops swap around, so _1 is_2 etc? Is there another way to name them differently please? i.e. Middlesbrough_co Middlesbrough_po so they don’t switch around

Does this make sense? :smiley:

HI @MarkR you are asking can the component name the entities differently?

yeah I guess I am, if not it is no big deal. I was hoping to name them say

name: Route 12

like I said no big deal if not

Thanks

You can rename entities from the HA UI, have you given it a try?

I have and it doesn’t allow it? I must be missing something as I used to be able to change names etc…

For people using this component for train info, checkout the live map of trains moving on the network at https://www.map.signalbox.io/ The colour indicates whether the train is on time. I added to HA using an ipanel with:

panel_iframe:
  signalbox:
    title: Signalbox
    icon: mdi:speedometer
    url: https://www.map.signalbox.io/

2 Likes

More great work. Are there any more plans on implementing a service so that theres more granular control of scanning via an automation?

I think that functionality was added to all REST sensors a couple of releases back

This is great and with 100 free calls with an Innovator api I feel sure there is a deeper HA use here :wink:

Have you found a way to get the map to be centred at a specific location when opening the webpage?

Brilliant. Is that through the homeassistant.update_entity service?

@sentur yes

@klogg I am sure it is possible to inject the correct coordinates, but I don’t know how myself, will do some googling

I’m guessing you had no luck on this?

I did not try, probably a front-end dev would know how to do this

Quite an old thread but this could be of interest

1 Like