New User - Group zwave switches to call in Node RED

First off, I’m new to all of this…

I’ve got two zwave switches that are in my HA, entities as follows:

• switch.zen23_toggle_switch_switch
  • switch.zen23_toggle_switch_switch_2

I’m looking to “Group” these into one master switch, so when the sunsets/rises I can turn them on or off.

In Node RED, I don’t see a quick way to turn off/on a group of “switches”. I keep going into the “Light” domain, but these are switches. How can I group these switches into a object so I can turn them off/on ?

Why not just have 2 lines from the trigger node going to 2 service nodes; 1 for each switch?

I can, I thought there would be a way to group these so I could manage a “Group” and add new switches to the group as I buy more. Just trying to think ahead a bit, if adding them into the entity separately works and that’s the only solution, I’ll just do that.

I’ve added both in one line, I hope that works?

That likely won’t work. I understand what you mean by groups in node red. Other platforms have that capability. I have not found it in HA.

You’ve probably found that your solution works fine. It works for me.

However, I’m looking for a way to do what you’re doing, but with groups containing entities from both the light and the switch domains. I’ve searched these forums and found only this, which has no replies.

I have defined several groups in groups.yaml. I can call up one of the groups in Node-RED and turn it on or off, but only using the switch domain; as it happens, all of the entities in that particular group are in the switch domain. I have other groups that are mixed entities of both light and switch domains. I have no idea how to call those using Node-RED.

My purpose for doing this is that each time I add a device, I don’t want to have to go through and modify a bunch of Node-RED flows; I’d like to just update groups.yaml and be done with it.

EDIT: This works because all of the entities in the group are in the switch domain. But if I add an entity in the light domain, it no longer works:

The call service node does not work if I put group in the domain.

Any ideas?

EDIT 2: this works for groups with multiple domains:

I’ve moved in my new house and slowly installing the zwave switches, so I haven’t had much time in the software side of things. So no, I’ve still go each one listed on a separate node. I’m hoping to revisit this soon!

Have you tried a script? I have some that have switch and light domains that work in node red

I haven’t, do you have anymore information or references I can go off of?

script 1

Has there been any update on this? I’m still experiencing this issue and it’s making dynamic light control really difficult😅