New whatsapp integration for Home Assistant

Hello, i did exactly the same but with this error.

please any help

I stopped my installation.
When I needed to connect to their server with my whatsapp, was my breaking point.
It is a Russia located company.

1 Like

i Would like to do exactly the same.

Is there any way for HA to listen for new messages?

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust green api since they asked for connection via their server and the company itself in russia.

1 Like

Hi

I have the integration working, and I can send messages to a chat in Whatsapp (Only I am in the chat)

The issue I have is that the message arrival does not notify me - it just arrives silently in the group. I suspect that’s because it looks like the message was sent from myself.
Does this mean i need to set HA up with its own whatsapp account and link that account rather than my own?

Thanks

The same for me. So i use a prepaid SIM with another number. and the russian company just get an empty whatsapp account.

@Tomer_Klein this is amazing but I’m not clear on the limitation, sorry to ask a dummy question :slight_smile:
On the site I see the limitation to be:

• Only 3 chat per 1 month
  • Only 100 whatsapp checks per 1 month

In my case I need to send alerts from home assistant to either 1 group or 4 mobile numbers (my family :slight_smile: )
It could be 1 message a day or several depending on the events.

I do not have “chat” nor I think I use the “whatsapp checks”, am I right?
will it work?

Thank you for your help
M

This is because you are sending messages to yourself (from same user), so no notification appears. IF you have other SIM (and number) with whatsapp , you can use it for HA integration, then you will receive notification

Hi, I was looking for integration of HA with Whatsapp, and I found this one, by further looking to the details, I’ve got some questions and concerns, please feel free to correct me, if my understanding is wrong:

• this is a proxy service, and I would be granting green-api full access to my account, hence it can see all my Whatsapp messages, right?
  • the service Green API is hosted in Russia and the main developer seems to be from Israel?
  • what security and privacy policies are implemented on green-api?
  • under what juridiction is green-api?

thanks in advance for the clarifications.
regards

1 Like