Newbee with lot of Questions

Hello just started with HA. totally new with it.

Want to get a NUC/Raspberry/Odroid and install it.(wich one is the best for me?

I have Somfy RTS sunscreen I want to use it with a wind/sun/rain detector wich one van I use?
I can buy the original Somfy set but will it work?
Also have screens wit Motionblind motors, could be nice if they can use the sun sensor to?
Now I use a KAKU Smartbridge teh motionblinds to control them , this can also be done bij HA?

We have an Atlantic Explorer V4 Heatpump boiler that is now connected to the Cozytouch Hub, can it be connected directly to the HA?
The Cozytouch hub is to price for what it is doing not much info I can see.

Thanks and greetings,

Erik

Personally I would go with a NUC as I will likely be faster. I run a re-purposed x86 platform. Here are some links that might give you more information on some of your devices.

I run HA on a RPI4 with lots of integrations, addons and it is running smoothly. Personally I looked at several NUCs and while they indeed have way more power, as far as I can tell they also consume way more power, so the running cost are higher. That is why I chose the Raspberry and a SSD. It has enough horsepower for me. I run Hassos so maintenance is a breeze.

I own a Somfy Tahoma and it works. I use the cloud integration (local is still in development). With RTS blinds it has its limitations (e.g.it will go in a blocking timer while the blind moves, so it will temporarily stop responding to other commands). Also cloud sometimes gave me connection problems, but not lately.

If you only use Somfy RTS blinds/screens and are not afraid to do some (fairly easy) tinkering I would recommend ESPSomfyRTS. It has the advantage it is very cheap and also keeps the blind position, which Tahoma does not. You can control the sun sensor from it too. Downside is it cannot control IO blinds. For that you need the original Somfy stuff. As far as I know neiter can use the sun sensor directly to controlother stuff, but you could tie other blinds to the sunscreen. I use a separate lux sensor which gives way more flexibility.

I also own Motion Blinds. I use it reliably for quite some time now, but the integration mentioned above requires the Motion Blinds wifi bridge. I have the round one, there’s also a cheaper one.

This depends on what you want to use it for. If you will be processing video (eg: security cameras) using something like Frigate, you will need the NUC.

I don’t have video and my RPi 4 2GB with an SSD has been working perfectly, reliably and swiftly for several years now. By “swiftly” I mean that light switches etc respond instantly.

Do get an SSD if you decide on the Pi though.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, for the Somfy RTF I do not use a bridge it is directly connect to KAKU Smartbridege, it is only 1 screen.

So If want to use it I must buy a Somfy bridge or can I just use the ESPSomfyRTS?

The same for the Motionblinds, no bridge I have the Motionblinds app on my phone an they are also directly connect to the Smartbridge.

I do not use camera on my system so I can use the Pi4 I think?

Do I need a Zigbee controller to make things working?

I have also a few tuya switches and Ewelink with wifi connected to the smartbridge they also can be connected to HA?

Again a few questions…thanks!

If you use ESPSomfy RTS you will not need any other hubs or bridges. That includes KAKU although you may still use it if you want. You can simply link it with the definition for your screen and it will follow any commands that come from it to maintain the position. This is true if you have any remotes as well.

Thnx Hope it will do the same to the Motionblinds?

So just need an a Zibee controller to control the Tuya and the Ewelink?

Bought the parts for the ESP Somfy controller…