NEWBIE: Configuration invalid

Hello Guys,

I’m new to home assistant en YAML. But i got a config error when i check it.
I can’t see what i’m doing wrong. I got the following error.

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 74, column 3 expected <block end>, but found ‘<block mapping start>’ in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 85, column 4

sshot-3

Thanks,

With Kind Regards,

Ronald

The problem is on line 85. badkamer is indented by 3 spaces. It should be indented by 2 spaces like slaaapkamermax and 1e_verdieping_view.

Use an editor like VS Code or any other text editor that understands proper YAML formatting. If you make a formatting error, the editor will warn you immediately. Here’s an example of the same spacing error (3 spaces instead of 2) and VS Code immediately shows there’s a problem.

YAML%20spacing%20error

indeed :stuck_out_tongue: thanks, is there any good tuturial/training for formatting with yaml and HA ?

i’m using Notepad++ but t is beter to use VS Code ?

yaml is yaml. It’s not been changed for HA. :wink: Learn yaml spacing and lists and you will be fine.

Definitely. Or Notepad++. You can set tab size to default to 2 spaces.

The tips are designed to help you prevent making YAML formatting errors but the editor lacks the ability to detect and highlight any errors you do make. To identify errors, use an editor like VS Code, Atom, Pycharm, etc.