Newbie question - help in the right direction

Hi,

I have installed Hass.io on my Raspberry. With this I also have an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 usb-stick. I also bought a Telldus Z-wave switch.

I’m really struggling to customize the first page. The only thing I see is Sun symbols on the first/main screen. No matter what I do I can’t add this Telldus switch.

I then installed the HomeAssist android app on my phone. There I see the switch and the test group I created. What should I do to see this on the main screen in the web-browser. Some other file than configuration.yaml?

The first picture shows how it looks via web-browser. The bottom one the android app

Oohh… just want some help in the right direction.

• Click the three vertical dots icon in the upper right of the window. Select “Configure UI”.
  • Add a new card by clicking the (+) icon lower right.
  • Choose an “ENTITIES” card.
  • Add your switch.
  • Save at the bottom of the card.
  • Close the Edit mode using the X at the upper left next to your HA name.

Watch the video here for more: https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/

Also see the side menu on that page for types of cards you can add.

clear the cache (ctrl-f5) and refresh your lovelace (top right three-dot menu) on the non-android device.

If it shows up on the android device then it’s already added to the front-end. (I assume both devices are using Lovelace…)

1 Like

Thanks Tom,
But when I’m trying to choose “entities” it’s empty. I wrote it down myself but just getting the red box

The error message says you need to specify an entity from the light domain.

Your entity that you tried to configure is in the zwave domain.

Okey… yes. Now I found my light. Thanks!