Nexa doorbell LML-710, LMLT-711 and telldus duo

First post, a bit long, hope it is OK.

I bought a Nexa doorbell (LML-710) and two transmitters (LMLT-711) and added them to HA using a telldus duo and the tellstick addon. I found bits of information here and there. Figured I post my setup here if someone else comes looking. I guess there might be better ways but this works for me.

1. Learning the doorbell the transmitters as per the instructions from Nexa.
  2. Used Telldus center on my PC to scan the housecodes of the transmitters.
  3. Entered the transmitters in the config of the tellstick addon as below (one entry for each transmitter).
    {
    “id”: 20,
    “name”: “klocka1”,
    “protocol”: “arctech”,
    “model”: “selflearning-switch: nexa”,
    “house”: “30275757”,
    “unit”: “1”
    }
  4. While poking around in the addon I added two more entries with random housecodes to utilize the four memoryslots of the doorbell.

This gives 4 switches in HA - one for each transmitter and two extra. The transmitter switches do not trigger the doorbell, but change from ‘off’ to ‘on’, when the transmitters are pushed and can be used for automation. Step 1 above takes care of the doorbell triggering, althought outside HA.

The two extra switches can be used to trigger the doorbell. Press the learning button on the doorbell and turn the switches from ‘off’ to ‘on’, and its up and running. Have not found any use for that, but I guess one could use it to call the kids to dinner, some alarm or something.

Anyway the switches are always ‘on’ so I added some automations to turn them ‘off’ at HA startup

- id: hass_startup
  alias: Hass startup
  trigger:
   - platform: homeassistant
     event: start
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    entity_id: switch.klocka1
    entity_id: switch.klocka2
    entity_id: switch.klocka3
    entity_id: switch.klocka4

and when switched to ‘on’.

- id: klockaoff1
  alias: Turn off klocka1
  initial_state: true
  hide_entity: true
  trigger:
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  action:
    - delay: 0:01:00

Added a delay of 1 minute in order for my notification automation not to trigger for every push on the transmitters. Finallly one of my automation

- id: ringerpadorren1
  alias: Ringer på dörren1
  initial_state: 'on'
  hide_entity: true
  trigger:
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  action:
  - service: notify.poppe
    data:

That is how I did it.

4 Likes

This post explained the exact thing I wanted to configure! Had to register in the forum just for saying thank you!

I got a LMLT-711 for cheap and thought I would replace our old door bell with it.
Thank you Poppe for your tips!

However one thing I had an issue with was to actually get the device into HA. I did not get the actual bell, but just the button, or transmitter.

After some digging around, trying to figure out how I could scan/listen for calls on 433MHz using the tellstick addon, I found a way I wanted to pass on if anyone else got stuck where I did.

From a terminal (inside HA - as well as inside the docker container if you use one) run the following command. The outputs are calls, which you then can read and figure out the entity is and house number.

$ nc core_tellstick 50801

Thanks to Björn in this thread: