NGINX reverse proxy

First of all let me say that when it comes to nginx and proxies I am a complete n00b. I am trying to setup a reverse proxy with SSL for a subdomain. I have no idea how to configure it. I have a cert for mydomain.com and mysubdomain.domain.com. I am using Hassio v.0.59.2 and have installed NGINX Home Assistant SSL proxy.
My end result is targeted toward this.

server {

# general server parameters
listen                      443;
server_name                 mysubdomain.domain.com;
access_log                  /var/log/nginx/mysubdomain.domain.com.access.log;       

# SSL configuration
ssl                         on;
ssl_certificate             /ssl/fullchain.pem;
ssl_certificate_key         /ssl/privkey.pem;
ssl_session_cache           builtin:1000  shared:SSL:10m;
ssl_protocols               TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
ssl_ciphers                 HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!CAMELLIA:!DES:!MD5:!PSK:!RC4;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;

location /tablelamps/ {

# header pass through configuration
  proxy_set_header        Host $host;
  proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
  proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
  proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

# extra debug headers
  add_header              X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

# actual proxying configuration
  proxy_ssl_session_reuse on;
  proxy_pass              http://tablelamps.local/;
  proxy_redirect          default;
  #proxy_redirect          ^/(.*)$ /tablelamps/$1;
  proxy_read_timeout      90;

}

}

Any and all help is appreciated. I apologize if I have posted this in the inappropriate catagory.

Check this post out HomeAssistant NGINX SSL proxy setup this is what I am running.

All you should have to do is save your certs as /ssl/fullchain.pem and /ssl/privkey.pem then update your addon config to this:

{
  "domain": "mysubdomain.domain.com",
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem"
}

I’m not sure why you have this location directive

rather than just

location / {

instead so it matches the correct URI paths used by Home Assistant.

Okay let me explain exactly what I am trying to do. I have several espurna8266 modified switches that are recognized by emulated hue to use with Alexa. I am trying to integrate them into Google Home. The emulated hue setup for Google Home no longer works and I am unable to sign up for a Google Cloud Account. I thought IFTTT would be a way to integrate those switches into Google Home. Is there anyone can help me get this to work. I am not a programmer. I know nothing of scripting. If the approach I posted above is not a solution please, if you would, let me know how to accomplish this.