NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Hi.
I do not get this to work using HA 0.95.4:
“Config flow is not supported for custom integration nibe”

Downloaded the files from git today, so should be the latest.

It was blocked upstream for custom components :frowning:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/24657

I will need to figure out some workaround.

Next version of HA will contain a climate refactor that i’ve just started update the component for. So more breakage ahead. Will see if I can get it updated in time for release.

On another note. Anybody with cooling enabled? Can the heating system and cooling systems be active at the same time. If so, I should consider those separate climate entities I think?

I have passive cooling installed on my heat pump (F1245PC), though I’m currently finishing up our house build, so can’t test with HA and the component for about a month or 2.

I haven’t read the new Climate change yet but I think (from what I’ve read on the heat pump documentation so far), there’s 4 modes which can be selected all at the same time:

• compressor: Enables the production of warm water (integrated/separate tap water container/boiler) as well as heating for the house.
  • addition: Activates the integrated electrical backup to help production of warm water/heating
  • heating: Enables the house heating part of the system (I think default selected when compressor is enabled)
  • cooling: Enables the house cooling part of the system

These 4 seem to be selected based on other parameters:

• auto mode: the heat pump auto selects the applicable items (for example disables the cooling when no module is installed)
  • add heat only: No compressor, so only heating for the house is generated
  • Manual: manual selection of the different modes

I would assume the heat pump protects against actually having the house heating and cooling active at the same time? Then again, I think it’s possible to have multiple loops connected to the system, so then it might be possible to set the heating and cooling for each loop separately?
I also believe the system cannot heat both the house and tap water at the same time, I recall our installer mentioning that the tap water would get priority

My problem is that the set_points for heating and cooling are different. So you have one room temperature target for cooling and one for heating. HA only support one temperature set for each climate entity.

So currently i switch between the two based on last active action. So when heating, you can’t control cooling setup. And vice versa. So by splitting to a separate cooling climate entity, it would always be controllable. But we’d get more entities. In total 4 for each climate system.

• cooling supply
  • cooling room temp
  • heating supply
  • heating room temp

I get the same “Config flow is not supported for custom integration nibe”. Any workaround for this yet?

Beta release of HA, and dev branch of component.

1 Like

Worked like a charm!

I still haven’t had time to actually check the new climate platform in dept, but I was just reading the release notes on the RC pages.
It seems you could use the hvac_mode heat_cool for this? They mention the user gets a temperature range there to configure.

Yup. I’ve just switched to range instead. Just need to detect when heating and cooling is available.

0.96 is likely out tomorrow or the day after. I’ve updated master with needed changes. Note, it will display 3 hvac_modes, heat, heat_cool, cool. Defaulting to heat. These will not follow or affect the mode of your pump. So you can toggle it, it won’t affect anything.

I’ve yet to figure out how to know if there is some cooling possible.

Hi, I have just had a NIBE airsource heating installed, I have added the components as per the instructions

I have put the Nibe: line in my configuration.yaml file rebooted , but can not see any entry tin the integration section to go onto the next stage, have I missed something

Thanks in advance for any assistance

You may have missed the “.translation” folder. It’s hidden on Linux systems.

well, I am on a Mac when I downloaded the ZIP the .translation folder did not exist, so I created it via the configurator in HA I also created the .json file using sublime saved it and uploaded it into the directory

also I used the configurator menu and uploaded all the files one by one into the correct directories after creating them, I am wondering if this is my issue

It’s in the zip file. Just hidden. Just make sure you copy the complete folder over.

can I unhide the folder and files and copy them up or do they need to remain hidden to work I see there is also a folder hidden called GIT. does that also need to be copied up, the reason I am asking is I cannot seem to get my ssh putty working properly I am logging in ok to Hassio, but it refuses to do any of the commands ie list files or create directories etc

Well. The files need to still be prefixed by a period “.”, Normalt you can set your finder/explorer to display hidden files.

No the .git directory is not needed. That should not have been there if you downloaded the zip file. Only if you cloned it.

You must be on 0.96 btw.

ok I deleted everything and started again, also got my SSH working and cloned the directory as per the instructions, and upgraded to 96, I have now managed to get the integrations - NIBE configured and successfully logged in.
have now put some entries into the config file, but no luck in getting any sensors come up under the integration area.

How does your config look?