NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

I had problems regarding NIBEs captcha at first when using my iPhone (using Chrome). Being on my company network could perhaps also influenced because I got a number of Invalid Captha at first.
When I later switched to my laptop instead I got a different captcha (identifying cars) that I now believe couldn’t load on my phone before, hence the invalid captcha response at first. Using my laptop and going through the “picture-captcha” I got a valid link (the very long one). I guess containing my callback url + a unique “token” of sorts for my “application” from api.nibeuplink.com.

After I pasted that into the Nibe configurator in the iOS app at home I got the “set configuration”-button and everything magically appeared :smiley:

1 Like

soon iam losing my mind… i have now tested all computers that i have (and its alot) and every phone and tablet in the house… still no “set config” button.

Could be worth posting a log. Maybe something is not configured correctly.

017-08-17 08:29:04 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=46 from 2017-08-16 19:04:34.149132)
2017-08-17 08:29:17 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of notify is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of media_player is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of camera is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of light is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of device_tracker is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zwave is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:29:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tts is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:30:55 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [netdisco.ssdp] Error fetching description at http://10.0.0.1:8200/rootDesc.xml
2017-08-17 08:31:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_14) [homeassistant.components.zwave] zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2017-08-17 08:31:13 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [plexapi] http://10.0.0.240:32400: (401) unauthorized
2017-08-17 08:31:15 ERROR (SyncWorker_15) [plexapi] http://10.0.0.250:32400: (401) unauthorized
2017-08-17 08:31:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-08-17 08:31:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Setup of platform harmony is taking over 10 seconds.

Can find anything thing thats is wrong (that is related to this)

That looks weird. Why is your setup taking so long. I suggest you move your current config away and start hass with only the nibe component. Also increase log level.

I tested replacing the “name” to a mdi and inserted the icon-row at line 237 in nibe.py worked nice =)

self.group = group.Group.create_group(
                    self.hass,
                    self.system['productName'],
                    user_defined = False,
                    view = True,
                    icon = 'mdi:nest-thermostat',
                    entity_ids = [g.entity_id for g in self.groups]

Got the same problem.
I am able to paste the URL in the field but no button to press OK on. Tested lots of browsers.

1 Like

Mikael added an issue here on the set configuration issue: https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe/issues/1 so let’s keep the information regarding that there.

I think i may have solved the issue. I think my browser had cached data from an older home assistant before the polymer upgrade. It did not exhibit the issue. Likely what happend to you too @runevad. @Mikael_Blom and @Torbjorn_Dahlgren please pull the lastes changes and try again

i downloaded the new sensor from the site and now it works =)

Hello

I am a newby in the home automation and in general in home assistant. I am using home assistance through docker running on a synology. I am getting the following error when i am pressing the set url button under the configuration button.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/nibe.py”, line 134, in config_callback
request_done(config_request)
TypeError: request_done() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘request_id’

Any idea why the request_id is called?

Br

Spyros

Hello

I ve done the same test with 0.51.2 and it worked great…

Previous test was with the latest release 0.52

br

Spyros

Ok. So the api changed a bit it seams then. Will uppdaterad when i can.

I’ve tried to update the component to 0.52. Not tested it yet, but it may work :slight_smile:

Hello

Thank you for the prompt response/action. I am testing the latest version of nibe.py and so far it looks ok!

I will update this thread if something pops up

Br

Spyros

Hi

Running your latest version of Nibe.py. Getting this error in the UI “An error occured: <class ‘oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.InvalidClientIdError’>”. In the log it doesn’t show any error. component works fine when I’m running it on a Mac and also a docker instance on a RPI but running it on a All in one installation of Home Assistant RPi I can’t get it to work. Could it be something with the virtual python environment? I have tried chmod 777 all the files if has anything with access rights but no success. I can see that the nibe.pickle file isn’t created that is the only differences compared to Mac and the docker installation.

Any good ideas?

Best regards
Peter

You have verified that the client id really is valid in nibe uplink? Looks like it could be invalid. Maybe create a new clientid at nibes homepage.

Yes I have tried that. Exact the same config works on my mac and as well when I run Home assistant through a docker container but not when I run it in a Python virtualenv.

It is very strange and frustrating. Do we need to run pip3 install requests requests_oauthlib? Could that be something that needs to be run through the virtualenv?

Best regards
Peter

From the looks of the error you have that installed already. But perhaps it’s a versions of it that different. Another thought could be https certificate checks that is failing. But I really don’t know.

Will add some print outs tomorrow if I have time so I can see where in the code it crashes

Peter