NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Can be added, that you can use virtual termostats if you have actual termometer in some rooms, and use that as the reference/target temperature for the pump even without a paid subscription.

@JoJa1101

I have configured Modbus for my S1155 as well. Getting the sensors in is succesfull.
I’m using the RMU S40 as a thermostat - and can’t find any Modbus registers for this accessoire - did you perhaps manage to get the RMU S40 info from a Modbus register?

It’s not in the ModBus S-serie documentation: https://partner.nibe.eu/nibedocuments/29795/M12676EN-1.pdf

No, I am using other thermostats. But I guess you are seaching for this registers:

|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 1|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|55|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 2|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|54|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 3|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|53|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 4|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|52|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 5|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|900|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 6|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|899|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 7|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|898|10|°C|
|Exter­nal adjust­ment with room sensor climate system 8|MODBUS_HOLDING_REGISTER|897|10|°C|

Those where my first guess as well, but I tried those and didn’t work unfortunately. :frowning:

I had problems with some sensors as well.

What worked out for me: Turn Modbus off at your heatpump, then restart the heatpump, wait 20-30 minutes (Nibe is calibrating) an then turn Modbus on again.

Ok. Will try that later on. Heatpump is now busy with floordrying period

@x-erik @JoJa1101 Could you create or use a thread regarding MODBUS IP as this has nothing to do with this component? Maybe here: Modbus tcp connection to NIBE S1255 - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

When I have more time I will create a new “Share your Project” thread for Nibe / Modbus

Can anybody advice a rookie regarding how to do the following?

I have the Nibe Uplink API up and running on HASSIO, no problems after a bumpy start, I can see lots of different sensors and values. But would like to refine it a little bit and take it to the next step. For example, if the outdoor temperature is expected to go down and the water temperature is below a certain temperature I would like to send a new degree minutes value to Uplink in order to keep the pump running and not stopping. Degree minutes sensor is sensor.nibe_XXXXX_43005

Anybody that has done something similar? I have node red on my HA, I guess that could be used at least. Or should I use automation rules? But what I wonder is how to make the order go through to the Uplink? I have Uplink Premium so making remote settings should not be a problem.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for probably not beeing able to use the right terms,
Anders

1 Like

The api doesn’t support updating the degree minutes, so you can’t du that. You would have to do it my changing the target room temperature using a smart home termostat, or modifying the flow temperature if you are paying for the nibe service.

Ok, many thanks for that, then I know I cannot extend the working period that way I tought.

I have the paid uplink version so that is not a problem.

But if I do it by changing the flow temperature (is it same as changing the curve?), my question is still the same, how do I send this command to the pump?

There are two climate entities added per climate system on your pump.

One is the room temperature. One should be the target flow temperature.

You can control their settings using the climate services. Climate - Home Assistant

Ok, many thanks, I will try that way!

Hello, has anyone tried adding a CTC heat pump ? They are using the same website as Nibe on new heatpumps. I have a new ctc gsi 608 and i will try to add this to my hass with “Nibe Uplink”

This component is for the Uplink API not the MyUplink API, i cant see that @elupus have added support for the MyUplink API in the GIT repo. GitHub - elupus/hass_nibe: Home Assistant Nibe Uplink Integration

This would bee nice if someone can add support for MyUplink.
https://dev.myuplink.com/login

regards
/Micke

We just bought a house with a Nibe pump and I just got it up and running in Home Assistant thanks to your integration!

One question though, if I were to buy the History in Uplink, will that push the history to HA or will only new data be sent there?

Nope. History won’t be pushed to HA. Don’t even think it’s available in the API.

Hi @x-erik ,
I`m running into the same issue. Did you manage to somehow extract the room temperatur from the RMU S40 thermostat?

Unfortunately not
 Open for other options
 Maybe reach out to Nibe as I should think it should be there