NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Hi,
I’ve been looking to automate the use of holiday mode when away from the house.
However, am seeing the following error:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.core
Source: custom_components/nibe/switch.py:75 
Integration: Nibe Uplink Heat Pumps (documentation) 
First occurred: 19:27:35 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 19:27:35

Error executing service: <ServiceCall switch.turn_on (c:01G8EDTKN87BB88VP9DMK5BNA9): entity_id=['switch.nibe_*****MY ID******_48043']>
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 400, message="{'httpStatusCode': 400, 'errorCode': 1, 'timestamp': '2022-07-20T18:27:35.0552044Z', 'details': ['Error 14:  48043'], 'data': None}", url=URL('https://api.nibeuplink.com/api/v1/systems/*****MY ID******/parameters')

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1731, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1750, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 680, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 930, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 717, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/switch.py", line 75, in async_turn_on
    await self._uplink.put_parameter(self._system_id, self._parameter_id, "1")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 176, in put_parameter
    result = await self.put(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 87, in put
    return await self.session.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 186, in request
    await raise_for_status(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 26, in raise_for_status
    raise UplinkResponseException(data.get("errorCode"), data) from e
nibeuplink.exceptions.UplinkResponseException: FORMAT_ERROR: Input format error.
{'httpStatusCode': 400, 'errorCode': 1, 'timestamp': '2022-07-20T18:27:35.0552044Z', 'details': ['Error 14:  48043'], 'data': None}

Is anyone else having such a problem?

It might be that, that parameter can not be set. Or if it can i’m not sure what value it needs.

You should be able yo use the service set_smarthome_mode

Thanks, I’ve just added some buttons to run the set_smarthome_mode.

I can’t see an entity for the smarthome_mode though, is it possible to add that at some point?

According to the changelog it should now be possible to see consumed energy, but I can’t seem to find them. Do you know where to find these sensors?

Not really consumed from net. That change only allow some sensor to be shown in energy dashboard.

Aha, ok. Would have loved to see the consumed energy, but adding a smart plug will fix it I guess.

I’ve done some multiscraping from myupway.com to enable those values to be read. It’s still not great, but it works.
I was kinda hoping that Nibe uplink API would be the same, but no luck there.

Edit:
Looks like it is Nibe Uplink (anyone surprised?) anyway. Webb is working but not APIs or the Nibe app.

Woke up this morning to an error message. Is it only for me or something with the integration? Nibe Uplink is working.

Log

2022-09-01 06:39:19.117 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration nibe which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-09-01 06:39:25.099 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.nibe] The ‘units’ option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

2022-09-01 06:39:26.739 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry for nibe

aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 500, message=‘’, url=URL(‘/oauth/token - NIBE Uplink™ API’)

File “/config/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 207, in async_setup_entry

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py”, line 89, in open

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py”, line 148, in refresh_access_token

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py”, line 30, in raise_for_status

nibeuplink.exceptions.UplinkException:

Same here, so it’s not you. If you go to api.nibe.com it shows a server error.

1 Like

@elupus the last release you stated that you added energy consumption entities, but the entities added are not energy consumption entities but energy produced entities. At leat that was what Nibe support told me when I asked about them, that’s why they are under Värmemängdsmätare in the app.

It was added. Just that the most relevant one is for an external energy monitor that is connected to the pump.

I think i use them wrong English word :blush: i know it was added. These once now comes up as energy users, and i see people add them to the dashboards, but they are not consumers.

Trying to get hold of the value for when the heat pump is heating up my floors. When looking at this it says inactive now and I guess active when actively heating up the floors. How can I get that value? So not looking for the temperature but more on/off or active/inactive?

Does anyone know?

Thanks, yes I’m aware of this. Is it the status that can chnage to different states or hvac_action?

hvac_action

1 Like

I have a Nibe F750 and want to see consumed power. Can anyone suggest a “plug” available in Europe (Sweden) that can be used to capture consumed power and get it into home assistant?

Don’t think you can use a plug for the F750, but a Shelly 3EM should work. But always check with your electrician :slight_smile:

Some Nibe units have current sensors as on the image:

But I have no idea where to get these.

That is not for measuring the pumps consumption but to measure you house total consumption to lower the pump if you are running your fuse hot. There are no F series pump that have a built in consumption measure. I have verified that with NIBE 3 times now.

1 Like