NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Somehow, with my Nibe F730 (F375G) and this Nibe / HA integration, I don’t get the defrosting sensor (43066) at all, as far as I can see.

I am coming from openHAB where I used their Nibe addon. There I was able to get the defrosting data, but with this HA integration its just not there. What can I do to get that data?

“Thanks elupus for setting this up, it looks great. I can now see lots of measurements in my home assistant that will now require me to take a PhD in Nibe to understand!”
Same for me.

Can you tell me how i cant get i to work :man_shrugging:

Im new at this so in plain and step by step :sweat_smile:

I figured that out by adding those to my energy dashboard and those were way higher than the power consumption of my whole house for that day.

So I suppose there is no Parameter that actually shows the power consumption for the Nibe Heatpumps?

Hi! First the obligatory; New here, and new to HomeAssistant…
I´m trying to get the “holiday” switch working but keep getting an error:

Failed to call service switch/turn_off. FORMAT_ERROR: Input format error. {httpStatusCode': 400, 'errorCode': 1, 'timestamp': '2023-04-13T13:45:42:9235044Z', 'details': [Error 14: 48043'] 'data': None}

I have a Nibe F1145-10.
running latest versions on everything.

Really appreciate any advice on how to get this working.

Hi, Nibe measures the consumed total power in KWH. You can differentiate that power to time to get the actual consumed power. But that didn’t work so well.
I have installed an 3 phase Iammeter on the powercords that measures the actual elektrical power consumed by the heatpump in KW’s. And I have the Iammeter integrated in Home Assistant.
https://nl.iammeter.com/products/three-phase-meter
To calculate the produced energy by the heatpump you need the flow and the temperature difference of the in- and outcoming flow. Therefore I installed a flowmeter.
This works well. If you need more detailed ino, let me know.
Regards, Tim.

hi, i recently heard that nibe will start move users with the F series from “nibeuplink” to “myuplink”.
is there any stable myuplink integration yet?

The transition is already up and running.

Change the 9 in the end to a nother numer untill you get to your Model. (From 0 and up to 20 i think it was)(link is the vvm320/325

No Myuplink integration out yet.

1 Like

This made me a bit nervous since my Home Assistant setup heavily uses Nibe Uplink. I reached out to Nibe and there is an API for myUplink fortuantely.

https://dev.myuplink.com/login

Maybe I’m stating the obvious here but since there is an API hopefully someone clever will look at integrating it to Home Assistant one day :slight_smile:

There is a pull request for myuplink support against core already. (Not by me). Ive not had time to review it.

2 Likes

Hi,

I tried to setup the component before API process was completed. Of course it failed. However, now I am stuck not being able to try to set it up again. When I try to it I get the following message:

Sorry, there was an error : invalid_request

Request Id: 0HMS23LVQNF9I:00000001

I guess something needs to be reset so that I can enter the information again att get a new possibility to setup the integration, I just do not know what to do. Can anyone guide me?

Thanks

Hi, I have the following behaviour:
The connection status of my system is all the time switching from online to pending.
About 8 minutes pending and then it switches to 1 minute online and reverse and so on.
Why is that? Can I change that?
Tim.

That’s how the uplink works, it polls with a intervall, it’s not a constant connection the the heat pump.
That’s what the colored dot in the uplink page displays.
Screenshot_2023-10-24-13-43-08-553_com.android.chrome-edit

Hi Christian, thank you for the information.
Now it is clear for me.
Regards, Tim.

Is the solution to block/unblock compressor for f-pumps thus to have to have a esp connected to those ports on the pump? It can’t be done programmatically?

Thank you all for the effort with the Nibe Uplink integration.
I currently have a connection to the cloud for my F750 which reads all the stats. However trying to change the few parameters that’s actually are steerable I always get an error.
As an example trying to change the option of boosting the hotwater gives an error that the option is not supported in the api. Trying to control the fan gives “unknown error” etc.
Yes I have a paid subscription and the remote options works from the NIBE portal.

Am I doing anything wrong or is it a limitation of the API?

BR
/p

Could be a limitation. Some things are blocked behind partner accounts. But could also be lack of dokumentation on how to write things.

Any idea when dev.myuplink would be functional? Thanks

It already is but with another integration. GitHub - jaroschek/home-assistant-myuplink: Custom Home Assistant integration for devices and sensors in myUplink account.

1 Like

Hi!
I have the same problem, did you ever get it working?
//Lasse