NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Found it in nibeuplink:

THROTTLE = timedelta(seconds = 4)

Guess I can’t change this as I’m on hassio…

Anyways, it’ll be interesting to see if anyone else will get this. Perhaps NIBE increased the interval limit.
I first noticed it when all sensors showed up as “unavailable” (“otillgänglig”). Keep an eye open folks! :wink:

Hi guys!

Probably most of us have a radiant floor heating and use the curve linked to outside temperature.
Radiant floor has a lot of inertia - immediate increase of heat supply would probably be felt in the house in 6-12 hours. We could build an add-on component using Nibe thermostat functionality in the API. This component would essentially be a software thermostat providing adjustment to the heating curve based on the future conditions (i.e. in 6-12 hours from now). The following conditions should be considered:

• Temperature forecast (e.g. in 6-12 hours from now)
  • Solar activity forecast (e.g. sun heats the house through windows on a sunny day) - this actually has a big impact on the heat balance, especially if you have large windows
  • Occupancy (e.g. people, appliances emitting heat)

Such ‘smart software-based thermostat’ can contribute to stability of the temperature for the houses that use curve to calculate required supply temperature based on outside temperature.

Anyone interested in building this?

1 Like

Well, you dont need to build a “smart thermostat for this”… you can use automations.
User yr or SMHI or som other weather component. Use forecast. Check.
Solar activity forecast, same as above. Check.
Occupacy, use common precense detection via router, MQTT, Owntracks or wathever. Check

Things do not need to be complicated to work.

BR

Just for the record, this is what https://ngenic.se/ does. Not exactly open source but…

Ngenic looks cool, but its 500 euros!
@Vennerberg - I agree with no need to overcomplicate. Let’s write an automation…

1 Like

You can create one using ifttt. But only works with read access.

Just in case another complete amateur like me is following the instructions to install the Nibe Uplink plugin, when elupus’ instructions state " Clone or copy the root of the repository into <config dir>/custom_components" this means download the hass_nibe-master-1.zip file, open it, and copy the contents of the directory “hass_nibe-master-1.zip\hass_nibe-master” into the newly created directory “customs_components” (which sits in the same directory as configuration.yaml). If you copy the directory “hass_nibe-master” with it’s contents into “customs_components” it doesn’t work. No doubt very obvious to all of you regulars but this tip might be helpful to someone!
Thanks elupus for setting this up, it looks great. I can now see lots of measurements in my home assistant that will now require me to take a PhD in Nibe to understand!

1 Like

So, @elupus.
Any news on making it official?

BTW, i get some errors:

Update of sensor.nibe_XYXYZ_47409 is taking over 10 seconds
12:52 util/async_.py (WARNING)

I have always had this “problem”, everything works fine but all sensors have the error.

Im on Hassio.

Hass is updating more often than the throttle. Then that occurs. Will have limit Hass or rethink how updates are done.

Won’t be official untill I’m happy with quality internally.

1 Like

Is there an easy way to get the NIBE group back in lovelace? Must I add everything manually to a group?

Lovelace is all manual. I’m trying to get thing combined into fewer entities , but I’m not there yet.

Hi

Been struggling with getting Nibe to work. I now run a minimal config and gets the sensors on but alot of things is unavabile for exemple the NIBE F730 - Unit 0 I can see but not make changes.

I have premium at Nibe and have set the write access to true.

I´m runnig Hassbian 0.87.

Would really like to get this working and been trying to read and follow the instructions.

you won’t get anything to modify with jsut categories config. you need to add a climate entity or a switch for the boost functions.

I have both switch hot boost and climate but both are unavailible

So I quess the Nibe compenent is loading as i shall bit something is wrong woth the way I´m setting up

- platform: nibe
name: 'Nibe F730'
system : 48XXXX
current: <parameter id of current temperature>
target : <parameter id of target temperature>
adjust : <parameter id of the parallel adjustment, leave out if target should be updated>

nibe:
client_id: XXXX
client_secret: XXXX
redirect_uri: http://hassbian.local:8123/api/nibe/auth
writeaccess: true # set to true to support climate write (needs new tokens)

systems:
    - system: 48XXX
      units:
        - unit: 0
          categories:

switches:
            - hot_water_boost

What am I not getting?

I have anther climate aswell so thats way climate: is missing

Solved this with a custom group card in lovelace. This way I only had to add the groups. Works nice.

Small heads up. Latest home assistant breaks the component. Its of my own making. Will update the component with a fix soon.

2 Likes

I get this error when update to 0.88.1

Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change binary_sensor/nibe.py to nibe/binary_sensor.py. This will stop working soon.

Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change sensor/nibe.py to nibe/sensor.py. This will stop working soon.

Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change switch/nibe.py to nibe/switch.py. This will stop working soon.

How can i fix it?