Niko Connected swich support?

Hi,
I recently started to use Home assistant on my raspberry pi just out of curiosity but it quickly drew my intrest in getting my house automated.
Unwilling to re-cable all my switches and lights, i came across a solution from NIKO.
They call it connected switch and is similar to an sonoff switch. The design of those switches allows me to replace only selected switches in my house, without replacing the front covers.
product info: http://niko.eu/enus/products/niko-connected-switch-and-wireless-switching
there is not much information on the protocol they’re using (easywave???), I guess there alluding at the Z-wave protocol but I suspect a proprietary protocol.
it uses 868.3 Mhz and FSK modulation

Has anyone here had any success coupling Home Assistant to a Niko connected swich?

I am also really interested in Niko components. Do you have any news on that matter?

@vizkoze did you find any information about NIKO integration ?

still no one ??? :cry:

I see that the API is from onnergy.
All websites uses the same API.

I’m not familar with Python, but would like to help.

These are the links to login.

As it’s web based, could we grab data and display it to Hassio?
All product can be communicate with Niko Gateway that is connected with the internet.

I went to the homebuilders show at the NEC in the UK this week and saw the Niko stand.

Looks a really good (although expensive) switch that can control Hue lights directly through the Hue app, but I suspect it should be able to connect to HA too but have no idea how.

If the hue app picks up the switch presses then would the hue addon for HA also pick them up?

1 Like

Easywave is a proprietary protocol from Niko & Eldat. Eldat has an RX09 USB stick that can send & receive Easywave messages. I am working on a little project to monitor and control the lights in my house with it…

FYI: I have abandoned the project mentioned above, in favor of a real Home Assistant add-on to add support for Easywave. More information here: New add-on to add support for Easywave devices.