Niko Zigbee socket and switch losing connectivity with Skyconnect

Dear HA community

I have recently bought 2 Niko Zigbee switching sockets (Connected switching socket outlet for Niko Home Control with pin earthing and shutters, Zigbee®) and 2 Niko Zigbee switches (Connected single switch, 10 A, Zigbee®) and a homeassistant sky connect stick for Zigbee connectivity. I’m hosting the Homeassistant OS as a VM on Proxmox. The sockets and the switches connected easily with Skyconnect. I was pleasantly surprised how fast and easy the configuration went. Each switch can power on or off one of the switching sockets.

However, the sockets and the switches seem to loose connectivity after a few days (red blinking light on the Niko devices). They are installed less than 5 meters from the Skyconnect stick. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do so that the Niko devices will not loose connectivity please? Typically just pressing the reconfigure button for the Skyconnect stick fixes the issue for a few days and then the Niko devices loose connectivity again.

Thanks in advance for your support!

What other mains-powered devices do you have? The distance from the SkyConnect stick should not be relevant if you have plenty of routers to relay messages to the new switches. If you haven’t, 5m may be quite a long way - it depends on the structure and layout of your home. A good rule of thumb is a router every 10-15 feet.

Have a look at this: