No Add ons in VirtualBox installation

Hi,

i am pretty new to home assistant. I followed the installation instructions from the link below for virtual box:

This is my system information:
Unbenannt

I don’t see any Add-Ons in the story. Can someone help me?

Greetz Marko

Hi Marko, welcome to the forum!

As you can see from this image

having access to Add-ons is not based on the platform or running virtual but on the installation method of HA.

Do you see the ‘Add-ons’ link in your settings screen?
Be aware: when installing fresh no add-ons are showing, you have to install them first.
Is your HA/VirtualBox configured properly to be able to connect to the internet?

It says home assistant os. Go to settings, add-ons.

1 Like

HA is under a constant development and the last 2 years a lot have happened to the UI, so many older guides are now out-of-date.
Make sure the guides you use are at most 2 years old and preferable under 1 year of age.

Which of the 6 described hypervisors are you using.

Addons are reached by clicking on Settings, then addons.

The thread title seems to imply Virtualbox is being used as hypervisor. I am pretty sure that such an installation is capable of installing addons.

Marko, can you clarify what you mean by ‘no addons in the story’? What do you see when you go to settings/adddons?

Missed that detail. Virtual Box and ha don’t seem to be a good combination recently.

Still when the poster tells us more, all may be revealed.

My Virtualbox HAOS installation is running fine with several addons installed, so whatever problems there are, they can be solved. I had an issue with Virtualbox recently (See Just a warning for Virtualbox 6 users under Linux ) but it is not related to the combination with HA, and definitely not the cause of what is the problem in this thread.