No host internet connection

Hello, I have the same problem (no host internet connection) so I can’t update my supervisor to latest one (mine now 2023.1) and can’t find or update my add-ons.

I am using HAOS on a Virtualbox, I can access it externally through Cloudflare and using HACS normally (can install and update HACS add-ons)

I have tried both Ethernet and WiFi connection on my host Windows 11 laptop, changing DNS and rebooted network, home assistant server and restarted the VM manytimes.

Even I decided to install a fresh HA server, but it stucks on the onboarding screen and I think it is because of internet connection also.

Only worked after disabled the network check from HA terminal.

What do you suggest?

I had a very similar issue this week, I reported the issue here: Problem accessing Github servers from Home Assistant - #18 by DrJohnM61

And do you solve it or get any clues

Yes, we managed to restore connection to Github servers from our network.
So far I am not 100% sure what was the cause, but what we did was accessing the modem UI through Internet Explorer and deactivate the firewall there. This was the only way to access our Technicolor TC4400 admin dashboard… We also set DNS addresses inside Home Assistant but I don’t think this helped in solving the issue since our router already had proper DNS settings (tested with 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8).

I’ve also seen some other users claim Githubs server issues have been solved yesterday, so this adds to the overall confusing situation…

Same problem I had.

I managed to disable the host_internet check: ignoring the internet_host condition.

ha jobs options --ignore-conditions internet_host

and to reset it back to normal, after addon update completed:

ha jobs reset

2 Likes

For my case, disabling the IPV6 resolved the issue

1 Like

This fixed it for me too, thanks

Hi , Any chance to easy explain me how to do it ?
Thanks on advance