Node-Red add-on and 502 bad gateway

Are you using ssl in your home assistant? If not, turn it to false.

This fixed my issue! Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this helped me too!
with the 13.3.0 version, i make SSL false and it’s OK

1 Like

I solved it by adding a value to the credential_secret

1 Like

can i ask where this value is to be added, config i guess somewhere

My nodered has been giving me endless problems since going to version 13. it crashes at night and i have to start it every morning, i have 30 mayor flows and i now find my homeassistant pertty useless after 2 years of happy useage. Does anyone have the same issue?

1 Like

No issues here, 13 has been great. Want to post your code so we can take a look? Though it’s probably a HA issue.

Node red has been updated, read the “documentation” tab, there is a config example.

Same, I tried the uninstall actionflows and it didnt work but turning off SSL seemed to do the job.

disable SSL worked for me, thanks!

Just got around the same error. And I find the message on the screen a bit misleading. So I set the log level to debug to find out what happened and it turned out that another node was failing that caused Node-Red to crash.

How do you do this. did a load of googling and no joy.

In the configuration of the Node Red installation page, you must set a Credential secret word and if your not using the Node Red for web content disable the SSL option. That should solve the issue of the 502 bad gateway message.

1 Like

I am getting the 502 Gateway error when I click Deploy but it works every 3rd or 4th try. However, even when it works a simple flow which has 2 nodes Events All and Debug shows no messages.