Node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket

New Release v0.19.4

When setting up a new server you can now search for your Home Assistant instance.

getting-started_03

Features

• Add search button to find home assistant instances for server config (8f25ef6)

• wait-until: Add ability to use mustache templates for entity id field (6d9e183), closes #189

Bug Fixes

• Fix ‘in’ conditional (78a3d22)

Buy me a coffee For those that enjoy my work.

2 Likes

Hi,

I just installed node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket by :

• Installing the nodes via Manage Palette
  • Installing the Integration via HACS
  • Adding nodered: to my Home Assistant configuration.yaml file (based on the very last sentence from the HACS integration page: When installed, this will be located in ‘/config/custom_components/nodered’, you still need to add it to your ‘configuration.yaml’ file.

However, apparently, I’m not able to access the Home Assistant server (http://hassio:8123) via Node-RED. Also, the Base URL search feature searches forever.

Nevertheless, the Node-RED log shows:

Jan 16 13:44:57 ccu3-webui daemon.info node-red[2008]: [server:Home Assistant] WebSocket Connected to http://hassio:8123
Jan 16 13:44:58 ccu3-webui daemon.err node-red[2008]: [ha-entity:Email Fetch Sensor] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make further checks to locate the issue?
Thanks!

Did you restart after updating configuration.yaml?

Did you check the option that says “I USE HASSIO”?

Does your Node Red install know how to reach the hostname “hassio”?

Are you not running the hassio node-red add-on?

Yes, I did. Twice! :slight_smile:

I believe this is generated by HACS and is incorrect for the Node-RED integration.

You don’t need to add anything to your config.

1. Add it via HACS
  2. Restart Home Assistant
  3. In the HA UI go to “Configuration” → “Integrations” click “+” and search for “Node-RED”

Hi Kermit,

I thought HACS integration (on the integration tab) would be sufficient.
However, my understanding is, if I’d adding Node-RED via HA integration Node-RED (server) will be running on the same machine as HA e.g 192…222.
But, I already have a Node-Red instance running on a different host (192…100).
Is this constellation possible?

Thanks!

The custom integration isn’t a new instance of NR. It just adds some extra commands to Home Assistant that allows any instance of NR to do things like create sensors and switches in HA.

My apologies, Kermit. I confused the hass.io add-on with the integration.
It works now, sensors are created and deleted as expected.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the help in trying to get my instance up an running. I was running into too many issues and it gave me the excuse to swap over to Hass.io which has been working out well.

I have Node-Red working and interacting with Hass just fine, but I continue to receive an error that node-red is unable to be setup in the integrations page. I’ve tried removing it from the integrations, but even after deleting it the integration remains present. Other than the error message whenever I restart I don’t see any impacts.

My questions is if there’s a way to manually remove it from the integrations page if the delete button isn’t working. Thanks!

Below is the exact error I receive.

2020-01-21 21:10:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for nodered: Integration not found.

Just trying out the custom integration. I made a NR switch instance and have that in Home Assistant. It monitors the humidity in my home and if it gets to high I turn on my HVAC fan, Works great but if I turn off the switch in Home Assistant which disables the instance and then restart Home Assistant it defaults to the enabled state.

Is there a way to have the default state to be disabled?

If you’re not using the custom integration I would guess you could reinstall it and then remove it from the integration menu then remove the files.

Once the state is set it will save over reboots but if you want it to be disabled after every reboot you could use a inject nodes to a call-service and turn off the switch.

need help on the sensor node… :sweat:
this is what I have done:
updated to the latest version of websocket in node-red
installed node-red in HACS
configuration->integration, added node-red.

then in node-red, dragged sensor node, seeing the red text " Attention: This node requires Node-RED custom integration to be installed in Home Assistant for it to function."

what else needed to create sensor? appreciate if there is detailed sample how to use sensor node, thanks!

Once you deploy your flow, that warning should go away.

I’ve installed node-red in HACS and got the same error.

The node-red addon says:

[error] [ha-webhook:prova] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.

And the home assistant logs:

2020-02-09 23:29:37 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140003490006224] Received invalid command: nodered/version

Thanks for your help

The HACS installation does not include the .translations folder - add this directly from the distribution to get Node-RED to show in integrations

Do your HA logs show that the custom component has been loaded?

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for nodered which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked!

I had already added the integration even without translations and I thought it worked but for some reason the translations do the trick.

New Release v0.20.1

Trigger an exposed event node from a service call nodered.trigger

With the release of the Node-RED custom component version 0.3.0, it adds the ability to trigger an event node from a service call.

Event nodes that are triggered by a service call will have their status color blue when skip_condition is true and when false it will stay green with the text (triggered) appended after the state in the status text.

Data properties of the service call:

entity_id
The only data property of the service call that is required is an entity_id of the switch that is associated with a node in NR.

trigger_entity_id
Will be the entity that triggers the node. It is optional and only required if the node entity filter is not set to exact.

skip_condition
It can be used when you don’t want the conditionals of the node to be check and just have it pass the entity through. Defaults to false

For the trigger: state node custom output will not be evaluated.

output_path
When skip_condition is true this allows you to choose which output to send the message through. Defaults to true the top output

Changelog

Features

• Add ability to handle nodered.trigger service call (aba9eab)
  • integration: Handle nodered:loaded event from when HA loads custom component (072cec7)

Bug Fixes

• Fix status message for non triggered events (5d7faa4)

0.20.2 (2020-02-14)

Bug Fixes

• HA rebranding fixes/changes (b0df6d5)

Buy me a coffee For those that enjoy my work.

2 Likes