Node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket

I had the same misconception. I believe at one point you needed to use that version as it had node v8, but I changed mine to nodered/node-red:latest and it works just fine.

Thanks. Thatā€™s good to know.
The docker I using is marked as ā€œDeprecated - older Node-RED Docker images.ā€
I wonā€™t change now, but if something fails in the future then I will try to upgrade to the latest.

this old topic is related for me.
I did install additional custom integration and have my files in my custom_components/nodered/
did restart, but still node say , " This node requires Node-RED custom integration to be installed in Home Assistant for it to function."
What i missing ?

How would I define a ā€œfrom - toā€ state change?

For example, state changes of a person:
home -> not_home -> Do A
not_home -> home -> Do B
not_home -> work -> Do C
work -> not_home -> Do D
school -> not_home -> Do E
gym -> not_home -> Do F

Not sure if itā€™s a trigger state that I should be using, but I canā€™t seem to get it right.

This is possible in the normal HA automations, canā€™t seem to get it right in NodeRED though. Is this possible?

What you want to use is a state machine node.

You could also use several different trigger-state nodes or a bunch of switch nodes.

Hello @Kermit

I've installed the Node Red HACS integration and confirmed the /config/custom_components/nodered directory and files exist.

I've tried restarting and rebooting my Hass OS VM multiple times, but I cannot get Node-Red to show up when I click Add Integration.  It's just not in the list.

All my versions are the latest stable releases.  Can you help point me in the right direction?

I found this about the Integration not showing up in the list.

Look at my latest response to that issue and see if it solves your issue.

edit: I see you fixed it in the response above mine.

Yes! Thanks for responding. This integration helped tremendously, so thank you for your hard work as well!

@Kermit is it possible to use get entities node to check which sensors hasnt changed for example 15 minutes?

Each entity will have the property timeSinceChangedMs so you can check against that.

New Release 0.28.0 (2020-12-31)

Features

Bug Fixes

• entity: check for current connectin before attempting to access it (53cdb93)
  • validate base URL before passing it to websocket constructor (94d603d), closes #316

Documentation

• Fix TOC for render-template and time (f4e4ce6)
  • cookbook: Add use case #2 to actionable notifications (e1d4cab)
  • Add actionalble notification subflow to cookbook (51ad8f2)
  • Add discussions links (61c31bd)
  • Add link to the discussion section for holiday lights (c9c97b0)
  • fix actionable notifications use case 01 to use trigger nodes (ee37b9e)
  • Fix Daily alarm using Datetime Entity Example to account for leading zeros (c3cde97)
  • Update holiday lights example (4aae90c)

Buy me a coffee For those that enjoy my work.

1 Like

New Release 0.29.0 (2021-01-02)

Features

• scrubber: Add the ability to replace all references of HA server id with custom one (4eb4323)

Bug Fixes

• api: revert unintended changes (fb44429)

Documentation

While Iā€™m here, I thought Iā€™d ask if thereā€™s a way of dealing with conversation/intents in Node-Red: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/intent_index, or if that is just stuff handled natively.

I just glanced through the docs and no this is not something that can be handled by NR out of the box. It would need to be added to the NR custom integration.

New Release 0.30.0 (2021-01-10)

Features

• call-service: Add load example data button (2ef840b)
  • entity: Add ability to have the switch entity output on state change (703568e), closes #228

Documentation

• cookbook: Update vacation example (f6080ca)
  • guide: Add call-service tips and tricks (499ad96)
  • Update holiday lights export to include autogeneration of HA helpers (ddb5741)
  • Update README.md (#325) (9fe6023)

0.30.1 (2021-01-10)

Bug Fixes

• entity: update getValue name change (0531b86)

3 Likes

Not sure if it is right place to ask this question: is it possible to create HA entities by somehow passing their names to Entity node, using payload attributes for example? Right now it seems the entity must be parametrized in Entity node in fixed way.

Or if itā€™s not possible (I cannot se it in node description) does such feature make sense? Should I create FR then?

Hello
Iā€™m just trying to use this feature and I really cannot understand why the approach taken for the switch mode is not consistent with others.

Even binary_sensor has only one output, pushing out current state (on or off values)
switch however, has two outputs, but both pushes the same, fixed value, set in node config.

Now I found, that regardless of ā€œoutput on state changeā€ every message except of one containing msg.enable is passed to first or second output node depending on switch state. But message which enables or disables the switch (msg.enable) is never passed through.

In addition if ā€œoutput on state changeā€ is enabled there is option to set a value returned to first or second output. The same value for both states. However I found incidentally that after switching to J:expression a value $entity().state ? "on": "off" is set. I thought this is the solution but it doesnā€™t work. no way to push current state of switch out from node output.

obrazek

Using the API node and the custom WebSocket endpoints itā€™s possible. At the moment it is not going to be added to the entity node as the node needs to register itself with HA when you deploy.

Examples of use the API node to register and update entities:

Follow my conversation with swiftlyfalling
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-component-for-node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/150736/7?u=kermit

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/help-merging-2-node-red-flows-in-1/154642/23?u=kermit

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/help-merging-2-node-red-flows-in-1/154642/32?u=kermit

The sensor entities are very different than a switch entity. A sensor is only one way from NR to HA whereas a switch needs to have two-way communication between NR and HA. The entity node is going to include any custom entity types that are added. So each type could have a vastly different config and output methods.

I think itā€™s a pretty standard practice in NR that reset/enable/disable messages only act on the node and donā€™t cause any output.

Newly created node default to this, I guess I didnā€™t add it to existing nodes.

I donā€™t think I fulling understand the issue youā€™re having. If you want the state of the switch in HA use a current state node. The main purpose of this node is to act as an NR switch redirecting the flow based on the state of the HA switch.