Node RED delays after adding node, other weird issues

How’s your HD decent amount of space free? Have you checked to see if the nodered folder and container are actually deleted upon removal? Also the supervisor logs on the system page may or may not also give some clues.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

There isn’t much in the supervisor logs that indicates a problem. A few info msg:

21-06-28 21:01:41 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host] Host information reload completed
21-06-28 21:02:00 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request initialize
21-06-28 21:02:00 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] WebSocket access from a0d7b954_nodered
21-06-28 21:02:00 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request running

I have a 240GB SSD with 204.1 GB free.

How do you check that the container is deleted? I don’t know how to check for that.

I haven’t previously checked that the folder is gone after the delete. I just removed the add-on again, and I see that /root/config/node-red is still there. Is that the folder?

I deleted the folder, reinstalled the add-on, and tried a few basic things (drop an inject node on the flow1, modify some attributes, hit done. Same problem. Workspace greys up and hangs. Sometimes I get this error:

Could you expand on this?

I believe all settings and such is stored in the folder inside config so don’t worry about the container. Besides it works after the reinstall, it’s only after you try and change something.

Shot in the dark but it seems to be the answer to some recent behavioral issues. Replace 8123 with 1880 on you HA ip address. This is the default direct port to node red.

“Modify some attributes” means change some properties on the object. For the inject node, this would be the payload or topic, and then click done. I’ve found that I don’t actually have to change anything. I can just click done.

Shot in the dark but it seems to be the answer to some recent behavioral issues. Replace 8123 with 1880 on you HA ip address. This is the default direct port to node red.

This works!! I don’t see the Node-red UI in the HomeAssistant UI, but this is actually better because the Node-red UI can expand to the full window.

For others who are experiencing this problem, I have the following (TCP) port forwarding rules enabled:
8123 → 8123 on my home assistant server
443 → 8123 on my home assistant server
1880 → 1880 on my home assistant server

I access the home assistant UI using https://xxxx.duckdns.org and now Node-red from https://xxxx.duckdns.org:1880.

Thanks for the help

I’m having a similar issue but it doesn’t manifest in quite the same way.
I have a flow that does some things at a certain time, for example:
At Dusk → turn on LightABC & LightXYZ
At Dawn → turn off LightABC & LightXYZ
What’s strange is that after deployment, one of the two LightABC nodes on there says “no connection” initially but the other one is always fine. I have even copied and pasted the node so I know its the exact same config. After a while (longer than 10 seconds, more like 30 minutes) eventually everything says its happy. without any change action from me.
The relevant logs seem to be:

19 Jul 12:55:10 - [error] [api-call-service:Turn off Front Porch Light] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
19 Jul 12:55:10 - [error] [api-call-service:Turn off Mud Room Light] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
19 Jul 12:55:10 - [error] [api-call-service:Turn off Game Room N Light] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
19 Jul 12:55:10 - [error] [api-call-service:Turn on Game Room N Light] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.

In a call service node, the server drop down list, are there multiple instances of home assistant? image