Noob question: recommended way to connect switches to lights

I have been using HA for a very long time as a way to unify different brands of Zigbee devices, heating and other smart plugs. My main integration is Hue, so switches and lights are paired in the Hue app.
Now I have got the Zigbee 3.0 USB dongle from iTead.
I paired a few lights and switches to it, which worked fine after setting the Serial speed to 115k.
What is the correct/best way of connecting lights to switch actions? I have seen a YT tutorial where an Automation is used. Although this works fine, this would mean I have to create two automations (on/off/brighter/darker) for each of my switches, resulting in 50 actions just for switches.
Is there an easier way to do this?
Apologies if it has been discussed hundreds of times (which I can imagine) but searching for switch and lights brings a lot of more advanced topics - nothing found for the noob in me.

Automations would be the goto but you can look at the blueprint section to see if there is a blueprint that does it all :slight_smile:

PS If it’s a CC2531 stick, know there capability is limited to between 20 en 30 devices.

It is this one here: ITead Zigbee 3.0 USB dongle/stick only cost $7 and is based on Silicon Labs EFR32MG21
but even with 10 Switches you would get 40 automations.
Thanks for pointing me to the blueprints - found one for the Hue dimmer switch and this works fine!