Norwegian HAN sensors

@turbokongen, after researching a bit I found https://web.smart-me.com/en/project/kamstrup-module/ but seems like it’s communicating with the smart-me cloud service only (and is quite costly). You haven’t got any experience with those by any chance ?

No, I have no experience with any other than the DIY way of reading the meters.

1 Like

ok after some fiddling i got it to work with my Aidon 6534 but as far as i can understand:
Currents in general seems to be a bit off and Current 2 especially so…
… in picture you se (reasonably) simultaneous output from the load sensors for the car charger in the same picture (Elnät = grid, Hus = rest of house, Zappi is the model of the Charger…)
i tried to digest the settings in the file to look for errors but found nothing easy to catch…
do you have any hint ?

Could you PM me some packages that the meter sends? There might be some mismatch on which byte that is sent for decoding in the parser. Then I will check.

Does anyone know where I can buy a working USB-M-bus adapter in Europe? dont want to wait 3 weeks for getting a adapter

Great work Turbokongen!
This allowed me to remove the rpi3 who’s sole purpose was to parse AMS data to my HA instance. I do miss the total count though, is this possible to get? I’m using this for my hourly, daily and monthly cost estimates.

Total meter count is populated/updated at the hour.

Thank you Turbokongen,
Was too impatient, found it now.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Tested on kamstrup omnipower 6841138A, seems to work fine!

I run my Home Assistant in a VM far from my electric meter. Is it possible to use a m-bus to TTL and use a esp8266 or something to get the signal to HA? Maybe with esphome?

gskjold/AmsToMqttBridge: Minimalistic system to read AMS/HAN data from electrical meter (github.com)

This is written as a serial reader, if there is a serial device connected to the home Assistant system, it will read and decode from that.

Another solution than using an esp8266 is to install HA and this HAN integration on a cheap RPi Zero W and use MQTT to transfer data to main HA. I have done this for my ventilation system and could have easily done it for HAN, too.

an observation: at times (a few times a week perhaps), it seems as if the communication is flawed and i get a power/current signal that is really off the charts (6000A or so) this does not affect anything big more than that some diagrams get unreadable. So my question is there any way of determining false readings and discard the values already when recieved (i guess there is no CRC or so in this protocol).

apart from that - thanks again for a very well functioniing home assistant sensor implementation.

There are crc checks for both header and data. If they don’t match up with the ones sent by the meter, the package is discarded.

ok thanks - then i guess its the meter doing some funny measurements at times…

There is some filters in HA you could use for this

Hej Pontus,
Can you please share package you are using for lovelace.
Thank you in advance.

@turbokongen awsome job! I love the fact that I can «make my own» adapter, and not to need to rely on some power-mob-copany’s shitty(?) interface :slight_smile:
And save some cash at the same time, and even maybe save some more on the electricity-bill at the same time…

Couldn’t be a better time then these days, to be more aware of the household consumption :see_no_evil:
Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Hi, I am just getting starter with HASS and AMS.
Integration of AMS in HASS is up and running. Thank you for your effort!

I have a Kaifa MA304H3E meter. One issue and one question on this well coded module:
1- ISSUE: ams_active_power_import sensor is not available. Active energy is not read. This is kind of important…
2- Improvement suggestion: AMS reader shows up as 13 devices and 13 sensors in HASS. Should be 1 common device for all sensors?

OBIS list for meters can be found on this page: Informasjon til utviklere — Norsk Elektroteknisk Komite (NEK)

1 Like