Not able to access my Hass.io server from external network(PPPoE)

I recently changed my ISP and they use PPPoE for internet access. I have forwarded the internal Hass.io port but I am not able to open the port from my external IP.

Now I understand that this issue is not specific for Hass.io but any help would be appreciated.

(I have edited and pasted 2 screenshots in 1 because as a new user, I’m allowed posting only 1 pic)

Your WAN address is not a publicly routable IP address. It is a private RFC. You will probably not be able to access this over a normal port forward, ever.

You might have to get a VPS, and configure an SSH tunnel, and reverse proxy over the tunnel. This is not a configuration for the faint at heart.

Can you get a public IP from your ISP?

I don’t think so. And to make it worse I have already paid a 3-month subscription fee to the ISP.

Same scenario using a mobile network as my ISP. I originally tried routing my entire network over an AWS VPN so I’d have a public IP, but it was too slow. I tried the AWS server/SSH/reverse proxy solution (Howto: Create a reverse SSH tunnel, with easy HTTPS at the other end) but was only able to get it partway set up before troubleshooting my connection exceeded my knowledge.

Any other ideas?

I have my home assistant connected to a Digital Ocean droplet, and use NGINX to reverse proxy the connection back. This works flawlessly, but if you are using HASSIO, I don’t know if I could assist with that. I use just a normal Docker setup, on a NUC. A reverse proxy isn’t really complicated, but the SSH tunnel might be more complicated to configure.