Notes on device pages

I would like to see a Notes field on the device pages. I don’t know what is the budget for database space, but 256 bytes should be more than sufficient for most if not all users. This would allow the user to make notes about the device installation, website reference to the manufacturer or developer, etc.

It would be handy to record the type of battery if the device is battery powered.

1 Like

Upvoted!
I’ve just set up hass and I can’t believe this is not a thing yet… It seems like the easiest way for now is to have a Visual code server where you store the information.

This needs to be a thing! Especially for tracking battery types so if I know the battery is low but I forget to open up the device, I can still check on the battery type when I’m at the store!
Bonus points if you could assign it as an entity so you could automatically add it to a shopping list when the battery hits a certain threshold.

I’m still searching for notes so I can save device instructions but regarding your battery problems I found this integration today: GitHub - andrew-codechimp/HA-Battery-Notes: A Home Assistant integration to provide battery notes of devices

Yes just looking at this and yes this would be a great addition. But not just text notes, but being able to add images as well. esp. with things like matter/homekit it would be great to be able to add things like photos of the matter/homekit barcode.