Nothing shows on Overview Page after upgrade

Well, well, you are correct on all fronts.
He must have figure it out.
My problem was totally different.
But thanks to you I figure out that I was an idiot.
Now I can start fresh and my overview works with nothing in it.
Thanks

Hmmm well, actually maybe not.
So I started from scratch. A ui-lovelace just like the page you sent me to. Basic.
Great, I see welcome to Lovelace. I got exited, now I can start.
So I created 2 identical views (pages) and could see them both. Moving on.
Oh wait a minute. Why on one page the Welcome to Lovelace is center and not the other page?
Let me refresh, no that doesn’t do anything, so let me reload the page in my browser. Oh wait no, it’s all gone again. Same problem.
Whatever other browser I go to it’s blank again.

So it works for a few seconds as long as I use refresh from the overview page. But as soon as I reload the page, bam it’s gone!

Let me clarify this. The view tabs are still there, there’s just nothing in the views (pages)

Well if I take out

resources:
  !include lovelace/resources/resources.yaml

from my ui-lovelace file then it works every time. So it’s something in my resources file.
But if I # all the resources then it still doesn’t work… Argh…

Hello, I was experiencing the problem with a blank overview. I did not do an upgrade, I just took out my USB drive and tried installing an upgrade and aborted that effort later that day and re-inserted my USB drive and the problem occurred.

I just happened to hit the “Configure UI” choice found behind the three small vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the Overview Page. I then started clicking around on the choices provided there, and by chance, something I clicked on brought everything back, problem solved for me. I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

I know this an old thread but I have this issue with Home Assistant 2021.1.4 using the VM appliance.

Whenever I connect to the UI in any browser the overview is blank. I have to go to the Raw configuration editor then close the editor again then my overview appears.

I have no errors in the logs at all. The overview has only a few items that are all from the built-in options.

Has done it since the first time I reinstalled the appliance early December 2020 after being a bit gun-ho clearing an esxi datastore!

Thanks Jay

clear your cache and refresh your page. Also, if it’s all custom cards installed through hacs, make sure hacs is still running. Otherwise the auto caching update ability is gone as well as the hacs resource pathing variable.

Thanks Petro for your reply.

I wasn’t running hacs until today no custom cards as yet.

I did notice that the 2 users I have for the UI, visibility under Home View Configuration was disabled. I have since enabled them and the problem has stopped.

I recall now adding a new view which was removed again so user error I think on my part.

Jay