Notification Commands - not working?

Hi

I’m trying to use the notification commands for the companion app as recorded in the documentaton. but i can’t seem to get any of them to do anything.
https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notification-commands/

I am happy that the notification is getting through to my phone (it appears in the notification history) but nothing actually happens on the phone. I’ve tried command_activity, request_location_update and command_webview with no success.

I have normal notifications and actionable notifications working perfectly.

Does anyone have these working? My Yaml from the GUI is below, the only difference from the example code is the missing " " around the options but these seem to disapear whenever i save. I have manually entered the automation into automations.yaml including the " " but it doesn’t make a difference.

alias: Test
description: Test Notification Commands
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g960f
    data:
      data:
        title: 'google.navigation:q=arbys'
        data:
          channel: com.google.android.apps.maps
          tag: android.intent.action.VIEW
mode: single

You have one data: block too much, try this:

alias: Test
description: Test Notification Commands
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g960f
    data:
      title: 'google.navigation:q=arbys'
      data:
        channel: "com.google.android.apps.maps"
        tag: "android.intent.action.VIEW"
mode: single

You also need to be on the latest beta of the conpanion app for this to work, see here for more details.

1 Like

Thank you! The extra data block was a result of copying code about to get it working (and i’d missed it when reverting).

It was the Beta version of the app that fixed it. I have just joined the Beta and it works perfectly.