🔔 Notifications - Actionable Mobile Notifications Script, with optional Timeout Feature and Camera Snapshots [works with iOS/Android]

Oh that’s a bummer, it used to work fine on my wife’s iPhone.

I’ll look into it when I next work on the script!

I just recalled, there’s a known case where timeouts causes a bug in the script that I’ve yet to address.

You can do a check on traces, just in case the script failed silently.

I have a strange issue. It seems if I create a new notification it tends to work. If I make any changes to the script afterwards, it stops working and logs the following:

“The length of [apns-collapse-id] header must not exceed [64] bytes. This message is generated externally to Home Assistant.”

It doesn’t really matter what I then change hereafter, I can strip it of any actions, camera entity, etc. it still fails.

Below is an example notification script. Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks.

alias: Notify MIC - Garage door opening
use_blueprint:
  path: samuelthng/notifications.yaml
  input:
    notify_device: 09340e0b2a2f10f30fa447f79aa45932
    title: Garage
    confirm_text: Close garage door 1
    confirm_option_mode: action
    confirm_action:
      - service: cover.close_cover
        metadata: {}
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: cover.garage_port_1_garage_door
    dismiss_action: []
    dismiss_enabled: false
    attachment_type: camera_entity
    attachment_camera_entity: camera.driveway
description: ""```

@mickeynygaard, it might not be due to your configuration. I suspect it might be a compatibility issue with the new collapsible sections feature.

I’ll have a look into this soon, overseas this year for work.

Uh, ok - Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciate your efforts, really a cool blueprint :ok_hand:

Thank you so much for this blueprint! Unfortunately, it’s not working in my case. I am using HA 2024.8.2, but I didn’t get any notifications via the mobile app. If I send a custom notification manually, the notification is working fine. Do you have any ideas what could be the issue here? I’d really appreciate your help!

You should include whatever error is in the system log.
Most likely you’re running into the same error as me.