Notifications not working since this morning

Notifications send to mobile devices via the mobile app integration do not arrive on my mobile device since this morning. Does anyone else experience the same problem?

In the logs I‘m getting the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify
Source: components/mobile_app/notify.py:139
Integration: Mobile App (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:24:09 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:42:55 PM

Error sending notification to Home Assistant Mobile Apps ClientConnectorSSLError(ConnectionKey(host=‘mobile-apps.home-assistant.io’, port=443, is_ssl=True, ssl=None, proxy=None, proxy_auth=None, proxy_headers_hash=8293414550113107067), SSLError(1, ‘[SSL: TLSV1_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME] tlsv1 unrecognized name (_ssl.c:997)’))

maybe this?

Unfortunately, that doesn‘t fix the problem for me. The notifications worked perfectly on multiple devices until yesterday evening. Now, they don‘t work on any of my devices.

Given the error, my hunch is you’re blocking Firebase at a DNS level or something like that. Try running, e.g.:

dig +all mobile-apps.home-assistant.io

This should return results like:

mobile-apps.home-assistant.io. 30 IN	A	151.101.1.195
mobile-apps.home-assistant.io. 30 IN	A	151.101.65.195

If it doesn’t find a result, returns a local loopback address like 127.0.0.1 or an invalid address like 0.0.0.0 it’s likely a DNS block.

1 Like

That was it! My Pi-hole blocked queries to mobile-apps.home-assistant.io. Never suspected that this could be the problem, because I haven’t updated the Pi-hole for quite some time and HA never had a problem with it. Thanks a lot for the quick help! Very much appreciated, because my surveillance system is using notifications and therefore working notifications is really important for me!