noVNC Viewer Addon

Logo

Bundles the noVNC application inside an Home Assistant Addon. This allows the remote access towards any VNC server into Home Assistant.

Addon Stage Supports aarch64 Architecture Supports amd64 Architecture Supports armhf Architecture Supports armv7 Architecture Supports i386 Architecture

Add repository on my Home Assistant Install on my Home Assistant Donate

To the Addon: Hassio-Addons/vnc-viewer at master · Poeschl/Hassio-Addons · GitHub

If issues occur please use the GitHub issue board, since I’m only on the community forum from time to time.

1 Like

thnx for sharing

do you also have a VNC server addon? i have some old devices, running old browser, unable to connect anymore…

this one runs: GitHub - jlesage/docker-firefox: Docker container for Firefox
that way i can install an VNC client on whatever old tablet/ipad and access HA

but its not an addon :slight_smile: , i need to run it as a docker container, thats not official supported

So far there is no VNC Server addon. There was no need for me to look into it.

Ok, thnx for feedback

Did someone get this to work in the mobile app (Android companion) as an iFrame in a dashboard?

I can open it in a browser (desktop & mobile) as iFrame and in the GUI from the add ons in a browser and the app. But not iFrame + App. I tried it with a relative URL, https remote access and local URL but nothing works - I always get the HA logo + “Loading data”.

Is it just me or is there a general underlying problem?

Hello Markus @Poeschl,

great work. Thx.
Is it planned to update to noVNC Version 1.4.0? (Currently in beta phase)
There the issues with apple should be fixed.

Thx.

PS: I made a feature request #366