NUKI Hub firmware for the ESP32

Should be fixed in Release 5.10. RTO was incorrectly mapped to locked.

1 Like

Hey thank you for the Update but the Problem still persists for me. And i cant open the “nuki configuration” Page anymore… Maybe its a problem with my configuration? But with 5.8 everything worked.

Should be fixed now.

1 Like

Yes working now. Thank you :slight_smile:
Edit: but still cant open the “nuki configuration” Page.

Hi.

What exactly means you can’t open “nuki configuration”. You’re talking about the page in the firmware config portal? What exactly happens when you try to open it?

Yes the page in the firmware will timeout. Tested on mobile and on PC. I think it started with 5.10

Just to confirm, navigation to http://192.168.1.31 without nukicfg at the end works?

If so, I don’t really have an explanation, and it’ll be really hard to debug since I can’t reproduce the problem. I’d suggest to factory reset the ESP using esptool or the espressif download tool and reconfigure and pair the ESP.

Very interesting topic, I was looking for an integration that would allow to detect if the lock has been opened manually. But neither the original integration nor the nuki_ng are able to show this data for later creating an automation with HA.

I’m not very practical, I don’t know how to integrate ESP32 with HA and how to code with mqtt to set up automations. Is it possible to have a step by step guide from ESP32 flash to Home Assistant integration?

This firmware reports the trigger for the last action. If it the lock state has been changed by manually reporting the lock, the trigger should report “manual”. This is reported via MQTT, but not yet included in the HA auto discovery … I could add it though.

Regarding flashing the firmware, just flash from a compatible web browser (basically anything but firefox):
https://technyon.github.io/nuki_hub/

Then follow the instructions in the readme for setting up the ESP.

1 Like

yes, I would be grateful if you could add the function relating to the state of the last trigger in the HA auto discovery.
I have successfully flashed your firmware in the ESP32 and integrated into the mosquitto successfully.
I ordered the Nuki today using your promo code to support your project
I would be grateful if you can help me later to visualize the functions of the nuki in HA

Hi, I’m maintaining the firmware, but I’m not using Home Assistant, so I can’t help you all that much with setting up HA. I’m sure there are enough HA users here who can assist you.

Hi, @technyon great job.
I installed yesterday on esp32, installation without problems. I was also able to pair the Nuki lock with the app without any problems. while I have a problem with connecting esp32 to MQTT HA. I am sending screenshots of what preferences I used. Maybe someone had a similar problem?
i’m using Mosquitto broker 6.1.3

Best,
Lukas

Well it says not authorized … recheck the configured username and password. Not sure how the MQTT username and password is configured for HA, it might be different from the user you use for logging into the home assistant admin area.

To quote the Mosquitto Broker Add-on documentation:

Create a new user for MQTT via your Home Assistant’s frontend Configuration → Users (manage users) , (i.e. not on Mosquitto’s Configuration tab). Notes:

1. This name cannot be homeassistant or addon, those are reserved usernames.

You can theoretically use your regular HA user for connecting to Mosquitto, but it is of course not recommended. The MQTT user has to be created in HA though.

Finally my Nuki 3.0 is arrived, but I’m unable to pair it with ESP32
ESP32 was succesfully connected to MQTT but not with Nuki.
I followed instructions…

1. press Nuki button until the circle led was completely lighted
  2. power on the ESP32

but pairing process fails…
the log monitor of ESP32 show me… “Nuki start pairing”
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing really. How far away is the ESP from the lock? Try moving it as close as possible next to the lock. If that doesn’t help, maybe try a factory reset on lock. Did you pair it already with the app on the phone?

A new release is out, I finally figured out how to detect if someone rang the doorbell. Plus auto discovery for the trigger is added.

1 Like

I’m a 20 cm from the lock. I never paired the app with Nuki. Tomorrow will try to make pairing… and then I will try to pair it with ESP32

I paired Nuki with its app by my smartphone… then it paired at first attempt with ESP32.
Now it show me these data in Home Assistant

1 Like