Nuki Opener not working

Hi,

I’m trying to add nuki opener to my HA, but it is not working. This is my card. I tried all actions and services that I thought, but nothing makes it work. Please help from somebody :slight_smile:

type: grid
cards:

• show_name: true
    show_icon: true
    type: button
    icon: hass:door
    show_state: true
    entity: lock.porteria
    name: Porteria
    tap_action:
    action: toggle

You cannot use toggle for the nuki opener.

type: button
entity: lock.porteria
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: lock.unlock
  service_data: {}
  target:
    entity_id: lock.porteria
double_tap_action:
  service: lock.lock
  target:
    entity_id: lock.porteria

Take a look at https://community.home-assistant.io/t/mushroom-cards-build-a-beautiful-dashboard-easily/388590, this one has a prebuild lock card where you can easily select lock.unlock and lock.lock service for your opener (with mouse and less yaml skills and knowledge).

1 Like

Hi, this card almost works. I mean, if you unlock, then the door icon works and it opens, but, in a while, it is lock again, is there any way to keep in unlock? or just to have the button to open it? Thanks in advance!!!

Are we speaking about the opener or the lock? The example posted above is for the opener, unlocking the opener means you are activating the ring to open feature. This means it will deactivate if somebody rings and the electric strike opens (by default) or after 20 minutes (if you have left it default, it can be set to 60 minutes in the nuki app).
If you want to have it once for all, there is an option in the nuki app to enable a continous mode, then it is turned on all the time and it will open the electric strike every time somebody rings.
In this case the card is really useless.
If there is a way to activate the continous mode or change the time it will remain on i don’t know.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry I did not explain myself very well. What I want is a button that when you click it opens the door, I don’t need this function if somebody rings, how should I proceed?? Thanks in advance!!

That’s easy, just replace the unlock to open as seen above :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @madface, I am trying to get my opener to work as well and am new to this too. I am getting this error when trying to call my opener, any ideas would be greatly appreciated:

Hey @jolyon.tilley

just take a close look to my example und you will see what’s wrong. In case you don’t find it, it has to be:

tap_action:
  service: lock.open
  target:
    entity_id: lock.main_entrance

entity_id is not intended right and the entity is not named after target :wink: .

Got it, thanks very much!