Octopus Energy Agile Tariff

Sorry, until I sort out the bug you’ll need to add the config for the usage as below. I’ll try and get that sorted this weekend. I agree about it not being great being days out of date, it seems really hit and miss, some days it seems to update the day after, shame it doesn’t do that all the time! Maybe one day we’ll be able to get live meter readings from our smart meters?!

OctopusAgile:
  region_code: "L"
  mpan: 00000000
  serial: 00000000
  auth: abc00000000
  startdate: "2020-05-08"

no worries, resetting HA up I will wait till back to normal :slight_smile:

If I was to add my own sensors by the way I have to add additional right? I think when I try to not add some of yours it does not like it?

maybe I’m just doing soemthing wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been updating my router firmware, which prompted a look at the router weekly statistics re DNS requests. My HA R Pi has been making DNS lookups to api.octopus.energy at over twice per minute for the last week. As I’ve been running this Agile rates card for about 1 week, it seemed the obvious cause, so I removed it from my configuration.yaml. Waiting 10 minutes, re-generate DNS statistics and sure enough, no increase in requests.

For comparison;
my HA R Pi makes 5% of this rate to the next most requested domain (weather)
my R Pi gizmo (Agile rates on inkyPhat) makes too few requests to appear in the statistics

Tbh, I’m not sure what to make of this discovery. Clearly I don’t want to clobber api.octopus.energy so I’m leaving the card disabled for now.

Yea, that’s the default rate for home assistant sensors to update. I’m not overly concerned by the number of requests, their api should be able to handle it. But I do plan to move the updates into the same place as everything else which gets updated at half hourly intervals as they obviously don’t need to update so often.

One of the reasons for doing in in NodeRed for me. When I did it using the Rest sensor I saw that too. You should be able to control that within the component though. For instance the speedtest component has a rate configuration item. Trick is to make it trigger on the half hour mark.

Thanks added, some entity are showing, but the rates one and the sensors are not showing, no errors i can see

Hey - negative cost on electricity today for several periods (now) and mid afternoon for 2.5 hrs

We need a new colour on your card Mark

Will have to charge up my 10MW battery reserve - actually - am I right they would pay me £300 to do that… plus I would save about three times that that later, so £1200 - I’ll look on eBay for one going cheap (Im back !). Anyway 11 kA required over the 2 hours - I think I’m fused at only 63A or something

10MW (megawatts) ? 11 kA (11000 amps) ? Serious stuff :smile:

Annoyingly, although I’m with Octopus Energy, I’m not swapped over to Agile yet. RSN.

@Creatish Did you add your account details in the end, I’ve not managed to get back to this and add in the check to ignore them if they’re not there. It might be causing it to fail quietly.
Which entities are you seeing?

@xAPPO, @ianm added in a change for negative rates to show as blue, if you grab the latest version of the card from git they should now be blue :grin:

Even without a battery my estimated daily cost so far this morning is at -14p!

My meter usage through the agile api/my account dashboard hasn’t updated since the 12th May, those that have been on agile for a while - is this normal?

It isn’t normal. They’ve had some issues with the upstream data coming from SMETS1/2 meters recently. There are some more details on https://forum.octopus.energy/ Their CTO put an update in the “Smart data status update” topic.

Ah cool not just me then. I’ve not got access to the forum yet, have requested it and waiting to hear back.

I managed to get my house with all things going, switching gas water to electric and some heaters on and think I was up to 10KW per house during the 4 hours paid time earlier today

intresting in seeing what I can get to drain more electric

any reccomendations on batteries to that is viable to buy or other high electric tools?

I get blue underlines but not a blue tag like the others , do I need to add something in the config. The blue underlines aren’t really visible at all.

You should get the blue background too, maybe try clearing the cache if you haven’t already? I’ve found home assistant quite persistent when making changes to the custom card.
This is how it loads for me.

Run a few of the octopus services maybe

Been messing around as did not like the text on the cards, this is where I am at the moment, ideally want to show more attributes one the cards, I have asked on the forums so hopefully will be able too :slight_smile:

https://hastebin.com/gexitiluye.bash

I like that! I was struggling for inspiration for how to display those better. I like the idea of only having times, will get that changed, I also need to handle BST better.

I saw your post about getting ideas from what I have, other than the gauges it’s not too inspired… Most of the things I use are in gauges like this:

Then I have a bunch of other stuff just shown in basic entity cards, which I need to make prettier:

Then some historic graphs, I was doing some comparisons with my old electric tariff. I’ve also started looking at some of the carbon intensity stuff:

Messing at the moment, I use this mostly on mobile so thinking of going to a 2 card next to eachother look

I have slight issue that my times are off, it says 8.5 hours but if I see the start time its actually in 7 hours 19 minutes, so it seems to bit off… it says updated 23 minutes ago, must have something wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

is your setup changing every 30 minutes?

NEWEST

Error I get which must be my time issue

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: OctopusAgile
Source: custom_components/OctopusAgile/OctopusAgile/Agile.py:372
First occurred: 20:17:25 (1152 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:30:06

• UTC Unmatched consumption 2020-05-22T22:30:00+01:00 / cost 2020-05-21T21:30:00Z
  • UTC Unmatched consumption 2020-05-22T23:00:00+01:00 / cost 2020-05-21T22:00:00Z
  • UTC Unmatched consumption 2020-05-22T23:30:00+01:00 / cost 2020-05-21T22:30:00Z
  • UTC Unmatched consumption 2020-05-23T00:00:00+01:00 / cost 2020-05-21T23:00:00Z
  • UTC Unmatched consumption 2020-05-23T00:30:00+01:00 / cost 2020-05-21T23:30:00Z

Ah, I haven’t looked at my logs lately, will have a look to se if I’m getting similar, I imagine I probably am but haven’t noticed. I think I need to revisit how I handle the time zone with the api, think I saw that you can specify it in the api call, which would help me.

It does update every 30 minutes, so if you’re near to the end of a 30 min period it will be half hour out. I was thinking about having it update every 15 and round the time up/down to the closest time. Happy to take input on that if you have any ideas.