OEG KMS solarboiler data 2 MQTT home assistant

Very nice indeed! This will help a lot of people!

I recently installed room-assistant to the same pi-zero W. The two processes were a bit much for the pi, so I changed the refresh rate to a few minutes, since most solar boilers won’t change that fast :slight_smile:

It’s now working acceptable, but something in room-assistant let the pi freeze now and then. Even with an automatic reboot each night.

Do more people use BT tracking on the same pi?

thanks for the manual.
ive got a problem to move the oeg_kmsd.service to /lib/systemd/sytem

sudo mv oeg_kmsd.service /lib/systemd/sytem
mv: cannot stat ‘oeg_kmsd.service’: No such file or directory

any idea?

thanks!

Can you please confirm that you are in the right folder?

Do this by typing “ls” this will list all the files of the current directory you are in.
You should be in the folder /oeg_kmsd and see all the files as listed on my repository: GitHub - Yannicflight/oeg_kmsd.

If you only see oeg_kmsd after typing ls then this means you first have to move to the folder by typing: “cd oeg_kmsd”

If you still cant copy the file please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi all,

Yannic first of all thanks for your effort and online tutorial. I’ve been busy with this this evening and find out that you’ve a typo in a SSH command (see post kieviet).

sudo mv oeg_kmsd.service /lib/systemd/sytem

Must be:

sudo mv oeg_kmsd.service /lib/systemd/system

After finding out and fixing this, I have started the service but i’ll get an error with the following:

systemctl status oeg_kmsd.service
● oeg_kmsd.service - OEG Service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/oeg_kmsd.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-02-28 23:02:35 CET; 5s ago
    Process: 1585 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /home/raspzero/oeg_kmsd/oegscan_mqtt.py (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 1585 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 1.769s

Do you know what is going on?

PS: I’ve changed the folder root from ‘pi’ to ‘raspzero’ because i’m on a zero.

1 Like

Update:

Tonight I tried to fix above issue by using a Raspberry Pi Model 3 instead of a Raspberry Pi Zero W. I thought maby this will help, but no. Almost the same issue but now with status=2. Does anybody know how to solve?

cbvw@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl start oeg_kmsd.service
cbvw@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status oeg_kmsd.service
● oeg_kmsd.service - OEG Service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/oeg_kmsd.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-03-07 23:55:49 CET; 5s ago
    Process: 986 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /home/pi/oeg_kmsd/oegscan_mqtt.py (code=exited, status=2)
   Main PID: 986 (code=exited, status=2)
        CPU: 84ms
systemctl
oeg_kmsd.service loaded activating auto-restart OEG service

I haven’t seen this error before. Only got the issue it freezes so now and then, but that is probably from Room-assistant which runs on the same pi. Gonna try to replace that service with ‘monitor’

Hey kievit,

did you manage to do so? during my new installation with the pi os lite version I ran into the same problem, I don’t know why this is but I now have it working with the regular pi os version. Maybe this will work for u too.

Regards

Hi Yannicflight,

I want to install this program from your instruction but i getting this error can you help me?

Dear Remco,

you are in folder oeg_kmsd,
if you go back to remco@pi and then try again. then type sudo pip3 install pyserial. if it is good it should work.

Hi Bliek79,

I got the same message when I sat in remco@pi.

have you installed Python?

sudo apt-get install python3

I have try it again but wont work.

what OS version do you have installed? I had problems with the light version so I went for the full version.

I had the light version. I will try another OS thanks for the tip.

now it’s running well but my oegscan_mqtt.py is empty

Remco,

that’s because you’re not in the oeg_kmsd folder.
this is created when you clone the github repository.

Got this working too, thanks for all the information.
Does anybody know the register number for current solar power? (Example, 1.9kW)

Stefan,

Thanks for your help it’s working!

Hello

I installed the software as Yannic described on a rpi with debian and I have the same error(s) as Bernd.
(code= exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Is there a solution allready ?

greetings
Robert

I find a solution to get working on my rpi 4 with debian, except for the pump %.
Within some days I let you all know how I did it!
robert