Official Honeywell evohome/Round Thermostat integration (EU-only)

Okay good enough, happy just to know that it’s not because of sometime I’m doing wrong.

Hypothetical question: if I got an HGI-80 (are they still for sale?), would it allow me to have more than 12 zones?

I have a system based on the old (non-wifi) controller and an RFG100 gateway, and it all works fine. But I have more than 12 rooms (once you include en-suites etc)…

You can’t do it with a HGI80, you have to use a arduino nanoCUL, or similar.

Theoretically, yes. In reality - not one has implemented this yet… Someone has implemented a repeater, though.

I have the evo color controller - I believe it supports multi-room zones - will that no do the trick?

I have some multiroom zones in my config, they are adjacent rooms connected by a large sliding door… Actually the controller doesn’t know if all the TRV’s are in the same room or not so you can arrange it how you want… I had to group some stuff together, because I actually needed about 14 zones, but it works fine like this, the zones I grouped don’t really need to have different temperatures.

Yes, I don’t really need more zones, but it would be interesting - in particular I’d like to monitor the temperatures independently. If you have two radiators in the bedroom and a towel-rail in the en-suite, all in a multi-room zone, I wonder how the controller decides on which is the canonical temperature? Does it average them?

Also, since some of mine are towel-rails, it’s really nice to given them a brief burst of heat independent of the others in the middle of the morning, to make sure the towels are dry :slight_smile:

Have you seen:

The canonical temp is from a nominated thermometer sensor (usually a round thermostat, if there is one, or one of the TRVs) - which one is used can be managed (non-intuitively) in the evohome UI.

2 Likes

sorry all, dumb question im sure but i just want to check and confirm as i didnt see a clear description.

when it comes to

Zones support only three setpoint modes: FollowSchedule , TemporaryOverride , and PermanentOverride .

FollowSchedule = whatever has been set via the main hub and the calendar timings etc…
TemporaryOverride = Delay/pause/change for “x” amount of time, will then go back to the “followSchedule” settings
PermanentOverride = set it to whatever you want, until its actually changed. eg. it stays on/off or at “x” temp forever…

so i work at home, i have my office rad on all day, set to 20.
if im out for the day, in meetings/travel - then i want to either turn off the rad or set it down to like 14 (the minimum for all rooms in the house)

does this mean i create an auotmation to set my office rad to change to PermanentOverride = off, after ive been gone for 30min, or i use temoraryoverride and set it to 14, but for how long or do you just do like 999hours or something?
then when i get back, i set the rad back to FollowSchedule ?

would this then just pickup with whatever the standard hub schedule has been set to?

These are evohome concepts:

modes=[
{'systemMode':'Auto',          'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':False},
{'systemMode':'AutoWithReset', 'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':False},
{'systemMode':'HeatingOff',    'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':False},
{'systemMode':'AutoWithEco',   'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':True, 'timingMode':'Duration','maxDuration': '1.00:00:00','timingResolution':  '01:00:00'},
{'systemMode':'Away',          'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':True, 'timingMode':'Period',  'maxDuration':'99.00:00:00','timingResolution':'1.00:00:00'},
{'systemMode':'DayOff',        'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':True, 'timingMode':'Period',  'maxDuration':'99.00:00:00','timingResolution':'1.00:00:00'},
{'systemMode':'Custom',        'canBePermanent':True,'canBeTemporary':True, 'timingMode':'Period',  'maxDuration':'99.00:00:00','timingResolution':'1.00:00:00'}
]
1 Like

thanks
im trying to understand and confirm what these mean in reality however

Jamie, they are Honeywell (not HA) concepts. If a zone is in FollowSchedule mode, it will do whatever the controller says. That is, it has it’s own schedule of setpoints, but they will be ‘affected’ by whatever it inherits from the controller.

If the zone is in an override mode, it will ignore the controller (although the controller can be set to a mode that will force the zones back to FollowSchedule).

If it is TemporaryOverride, the zone reverts to FollowSchedule after some time (max 24h from memory).

The same applies fro controller mode: hours (for Eco mode) or days (for the other modes).

All zones support FollowSchedule, TemporaryOverride, PermananentOverride, but not all systems support all possible controller modes - YMMV.

[ edited because typo ]

2 Likes

perfect, thank you

A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that your web server operates properly, but it can’t temporarily handle the request at the moment. This error happen for a wide variety of reasons. Normally, this error can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance being performed on the server and it is resolved after a period of time or once another thread has been released by web-server application. The subsequent points serve as a possible fix, aimed toward resolving the potential root causes.

• Reload (Refresh) the page
  • Scan for Malware
  • Visiting the website later
  • Contact server admin

@TomasCZ You can post in the main thread - that way, everyone will learn!

You have to copy the ‘real’ evohome folder from homeassistant/components/evohome, then modify as per the link… Or, if you know what version of HA you’re using, copy it from github.com, in your case:
core/homeassistant/components/evohome at 0.103.6 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Do that 4 times: there should be four folders under custom_components:

• custom_components\evohome1
  • custom_components\evohome2
  • custom_components\evohome3
  • custom_components\evohome4

Edit these as per teh link - if you are clever, you coudl do it with sed or such, and that will make it easier in so many ways…

You should set up a separate email account for each location - create 4 accounts on Honeywell’s website & give each of them permission to only one of your locations, from:

click on Accounts, the Grant User Access

Your YAML will need a distinct username for each custom_component:

evohome1:
  username: !secret evohome1_username
  password: !secret evohome1_password

evohome2:
  username: !secret evohome2_username
  password: !secret evohome2_password

But each will have only one location, so leave that alone - you shoudl be able to get HP temps this way.

Great !!! Let´s move forward !

I created 4 sub-accounts at Honeywell portal

I created 4 folders /custom_components/evohome1 (…2,3,4)

I copied 4x the same code files (5 files from gitihub as per link above) to each folder

I improved configuration.yaml file to:

Honeywell evohome

evohome 1:
username: !secret evohome1_login
password: !secret evohome_heslo

evohome 2:
username: !secret evohome2_login

evohome 3:
username: !secret evohome3_login

evohome 4:
username: !secret evohome4_login

and update secrets.yaml. Password is the same for all 4 locations.

I ran config check - it run about 10 minutes and does not stop (rotating circle in the middle of the square) … hmmm

What could be wrong? Did I forget anything? I did not understood if any content of evohome1 (1-4) folders need to be modified. If so, please advice how (if this can be done in configurator or notepad)

You will have to change the files in each folder:

• DOMAIN = "evohome" in const.py, and
  • "domain": "evohome", in manifest.yaml

That may be enough.

[Edited: typo]

OK ! Let´s continue !

I modified domain in these files:

manifest.yaml
const.py (init.py is calling this file, nothing to change in init.py)

I checked config and I rebooted hassio

No errors reported after reboot!

New entities (thermostat zones) appeared for all 4 locations.

Added to Lovelace and got desired output !

Job done for the moment.

Special thanks to zxdavb for patiency and great support !!!

1 Like

I am really confused how I get this to work. I have the standard evohome component by adding the lines in configuration.yaml

evohome:
username:
password:
scan_interval: 180

This works, but I only got 2 buttons (the flame and the off). How can I add the functionality to easily change the temperature? or atleast add some quick buttons.

I was following this:

But I don’t know where to set those operating modes.

Maybe you could show some logs, or a screen shot?

hi,
i have the official evohome integration working. so far i only used it for monitoring. but now i would like to use it in an automation. i am new with HA and YAML programming.
could somebody help me with an automation example? i have studied this thread, but i am confused with the various states of development
i have an Enocean window handle reporting 3 states: closed, open & tilted.
i would like to use the states open & tilted to put the bedroom heating to a permanent override with a temperature. the state closed should put the heating back to schedule. who can point me in the right direction?

I would wait for the new services to be implemented to do this. Right now it’s rather convoluted to do this because you have to store the existing state in a variable to go back to it. The new services will (hopefully) make it a lot easier.