Official Honeywell evohome/Round Thermostat integration (EU-only)

It does expose this date (you simply can’t get this via the web api).

Yes: Pull Request.

Sorry to drag this up to the present, but is there a more recent version? I’ve just installed the latest HA and 0.103.6 is not compatible

cheers
John Cooper

Hi my installer wants to install Evohome (radiant heating), is it a good system? Does integrate well in HA

I am sorry - the question just isn’t clear enough for me to have a stab at an answer.

Sorry, I’m not sure how the threading works here, I thought I was replying to the topic:
[Workaround] Evohome multiple concurrent locations

I have since found another reply:

and have it working, with evohome1 instead of evohome_custom

Then see this:

I’m very happy with it.

Having problems with making automations with the evohome integration.
For some reason I do not find and entities when creating an automation.
But the climate entities are present.
Someone who can point me in the right direction?

Hello Simon. Welcome to the club!

While i did make the latest Evohome integration for Smartthings, i am really not a developer, I got a lot of help from Nayely. I hope you manage to achieve what you are looking for.

Hi I set up a simple How water on for 30 mins schedule as a boost with a hot water off as the final part of the automation. Unfortunately the off sets as permanent rather than reverting to schedule. Can someone advise what command sets it back to the schedule (as set in the Evohome app)?
Thanks

1 Like

Anyone had similar, seems it sets it to away rather than off:

type or paste code herealias: "Water heater on for 15 minutes "
description: ""
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: water_heater.turn_on
    entity_id: water_heater.dhw_controller
    alias: Water Heater On
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 1
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: water_heater.turn_off
mode: single

Any help appreciated

I’d also love to know the answer to this…

I resolved my issue. Stupidly I had another automation that I used for testing turning it off. Check on the entity to see what automation are linked to it. Here’s what works for me.

alias: "Water heater on for 20 minutes "
description: ""
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: water_heater.turn_on
    alias: Water Heater On
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 20
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: water_heater.turn_off
    enabled: true
  - service: water_heater.set_operation_mode
    data:
      operation_mode: auto
    target:
    enabled: true
mode: single

1 Like

Thank you so much, this worked great.

Be nice to get current temperature onto card but I cant work that out.

For people still wanting to do this:
In manifest.yaml you have to add:

"version": "1.0.0"

(And don’t forget to add a “comma” since it’s a list you’re adding it to)
Without the version string, the custom component won’t load and you will get strange errors.

I’m not sure if this is the right place, but is anyone else having issues with this integration and Honeywell locking them out of the account? I have received this from Honeywell

"
The account was locked due to multiple requests to the server since 5th of May, but we have successfully unlocked the account.

Please remove any automation system you might have installed, and please be aware that if you will be creating the same number of high requests to the server, the account will be locked again automatically
"

What poll times are people using ?

That’s concerning. I’ve not experienced any issues or recieved emails, though heating not used very much in last few months.
My settings are default.

I got absolutely no warning at all it all just locked up. It took a fair amount of bashing their customer support to get that far. If nobody else has issues I might re enable on a tertiary account with an hour poll time to see if that helps.

It does seem stupid to have such a system and allow integrations and then get annoyed when people use it. It would also be better for them to have an mqtt type pub/sub thing rather than an API for these things.

So, the evohome integration - originally written by me - is based upon a python library that I wrote/maintain (with help of others).

A lot of work has gone into making sure that the integration (supported by the library) does not exceed any vendor-imposed API rate limits. Unless a lot of people have the same problem - which would suggest the vendor (Honeywell? Resideo?) has changed those limits (as they have don in the past), then it must be something at the end-user side…

Background, there are two limits:
a) authenticating with the servers, so that you can do b), and
b) polling the server for data per unit time (300 seconds is fine, anything less than 60 secs is outrageous)

(it would be good to know which you exceeded)

Traditionally, the issue people have is with a), but this is mitigated by the integration caching the authorization token(s) across restarts.

In addition the integration wont let you poll more often than once a minute.

So, things you can check / things you can do:

• leave the scan interval at the default value, or even set it at 15 minutes
  • only have one instance of HA running - if you have more than 1, they will invalidate each other’s tokens
  • disable high-precision temperatures (uses a different API, and those temps are ‘meaningless’ anyway)
  • think about any other code you have using the TCC API