Official Honeywell evohome/Round Thermostat integration (EU-only)

Tonight when I am home I will test it for you. I will let you know

where can i find it in hassio?

I don’t know - I don’t use hassio.

The fix has been accepted in 0.96b3, which hasn’t been tagged yet, but is in dev if you can go for that.

@Cinamon The latest beta should work for you.

@zxdavb it works again in the latest beta! I will take a better look tonight.

And it made it to 0.96 :slight_smile: thanks @zxdavb

OMG - so much work!

I will do bug fixes for any issues that come in, and then I’m taking a rest.

Sadly, the custom_component version will not work with HA 0.96+, and I am not planning to make it work - there is no real reason for it - the only exception being higher-precision temperatures, which I plan to add back before next winter.

Sadly, the custom_component version will not work with HA 0.96+

Hi, I’m about to click the ‘update’ button to go from 0.95.4 to 0.96, and am currently using the custom_component.

Is it best to remove the custom_component first before updating?

Or update to 0.96 then remove the custom_component?

First, stop HA and:

• rename custom_component/evohome to evohome.out
  • if you use custom updater, remove evohome from that section from your configuration.yaml

… then upgrade HA. Let us know if that works out OK.

I think the name of the controller has changed - the _ (underscore) has been removed

And high-precision temps are gone, for now. But DHW is in, and many other improvements.

2 Likes

Thanks, I did as described, and it seems to be working well so far. :slight_smile:

The DHW entity name had indeed changed from dhw to dhw_controller so a simple find/replace should fix my automations.

Since the update to 0.96 I quite regularly get the following after a reboot of Homeasssistant:

Unable to connect with the vendor's server. Check your network and the vendor's status page.Message is: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='tccna.honeywell.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /WebAPI/emea/api/v1/location/installationInfo?userId=XXXXXX&includeTemperatureControlSystems=True (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4817b44250>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again'))

@fversteegen You should be posting this issue at https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues :slightly_smiling_face:

When you followed the hint and: “Check(ed) your network and the vendor’s status page.”, and what did you see?

Of course I followed the hint :grinning:

The Honeywell app works flawless and when I navigate to https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/emea/api/v1/userAccount
I get a response:

ArrayOfEMEAError><EMEAError><_x003C_Code_x003E_k__BackingField>Unauthorized</_x003C_Code_x003E_k__BackingField><_x003C_Message_x003E_k__BackingField>Unauthorized.</_x003C_Message_x003E_k__BackingField><_x003C_ParameterName_x003E_k__BackingField i:nil="true"/></EMEAError></ArrayOfEMEAError>

Will raise an issue on Github

Hi,
I’ve followed your instructions but after update I have an error message:

“component not found: evohome”

Also restart with the custom component fails.
Thank you

I am still using the custom component, and for this reason stayed on HA version 0.90.1, as when I tried to upgrade Honeywell stopped working. I assume from the postings above that all I should need to do is as posted by David a couple of weeks ago:

First, stop HA and:

• rename custom_component/evohome to evohome.out
  • if you use custom updater, remove evohome from that section from your configuration.yaml

… then upgrade HA. Let us know if that works out OK.

Keen to know if this is all I have to do, and also if the history graphs will still work, as they are the most useful feature for me. Not bothered about temperature precision, but it would be nive to be able to see DHW too.

Thanks in anticipation
Steve

History graphs still work fine on the standard component… They have since the beginning.

The above steps should work (to be safe I might move the custom component to a completely different location out of custom_components, but it shouldn’t matter). I moved off the custom component a while ago and didn’t even notice any difference, everything just kept working. If yours isn’t firing up, send us the log showing where it’s trying to start evohome… Maybe your entity names just changed a bit, that happens from time to time.

All,

I can assure you that I am keeping an eye on the thread…

However, I currently have so many commitments with my time that I will not (cannot) respond to request for help, unless it is something that only I can help with.

If I don’t respond, you could assume (for example) that your issue is possibly a simple configuration error.

Please help me by helping each other with requests where you can.

That way I can concentrate on on doing the bits that only I can do, such as HA development.

If you problem persists despite assistance from your colleagues, then do submit a issue to HA via github.

And for those of you who are interested, I do have a working version of of high precision temperatures in the pipeline…

1 Like

Hi all,

Has anyone else been getting this since yesterday? Is the evohome web service down? No config changes at all. My Honeywell Home app is also unable to connect.

Failed to (re)authenticate with the vendor’s server. Check that your username and password are correct. Message is: Unable to obtain an Access Token, hint: The service is unavailable.

This message is pretty accurate, specifically: The service is unavailable.

I’ve had problems since: 2019-09-12 08:12:48

Yes I was just making sure it wasn’t a IP routing issue or something If the time you gave is in the USA, it’s roughly when mine went offline (around 1am this morning CET). Google calendar stopped working at the same time so was wondering WTF. Good to hear it’s not just me.